Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

They aren’t. That’s why I said they HELP PREVENT. A reason doctors ask you to wear them. Why millions in China wear them because of all the pollution. Because it helps stop airborne particles. I’m guessing you don’t know much? Masks along with washing and sanitizing your hands and just not traveling all help.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lmao ok Joe. It doesn’t STOP transmission. It SLOWS transmission. If airborne particles were stopped by masks there would be no flu as people would’ve been prescribed masks. Masks are for people who already have diseases. To slow the transmission. That’s also why the surgeon general said to stop buying them. See I have worked in a healthcare setting as a Biomedical Technician. This is something I know.

N95 for players and staff. Fans permitted if they have them.

Jk.

But seriously, it is a shade overblown. And don’t tell me the fatality rate is 10x compared to seasonal influenza when we’ve had a handful of cases here. That N is still way too small. Standard precautions still rule all, but until the herd has enough sense to use them faithfully, the media has something to run with.

Depending on how it spreads, I fear implications on March Madness are looming.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It probably is overblown. Currently it is statistically 34 times deadlier than the flu. Dependent on how easily it is transmitted is dependent on how much people should worry. The fear is it is as easily transmissible as the flu. If that’s the case, we are in deep ****. If not? It’s overblown.

100% sure. But surgical masks help the spread so that you’re at the very least not just coughing on everything or breathing everything in.

For the people who already have the disease. People wearing a mask to stop it will do nothing. You are getting closer.

It probably is overblown. Currently it is statistically 34 times deadlier than the flu. Dependent on how easily it is transmitted is dependent on how much people should worry. The fear is it is as easily transmissible as the flu. If that’s the case, we are in deep ****. If not? It’s overblown.

There is not and adequate N of coronavirus cases to accurately compare with influenza.

Did you just claim that you can only gauge the fatality based on American cases?

To be accurate within the American population in comparison with influenza mortality rate IN AMERICA?

Why yes, I guess I did.

But...looking through what I actually typed, I guess I didn’t. That’s because... well, there aren’t enough cases of coronavirus to. adequately. compare.

Just cover your mouth, wash your hands, stop picking your nose, and stay home if you feel ill.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

College level high school game tonight as well Lawrence North/Lawerence Central. It’s on local Indy channel for those interested

Shoutout to Uverse for dropping WNDY...missed some good local ball this year because of it. 

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Year in, year out, Wisconsin is in the mix. It seems like the recruiting strategy is based on basketball IQ and shooting.

Their program is everything ours used to be. Toughness, tenacity, high IQ, disciplined, rock-solid culture of winning. We flushed all that down the toilet when we gave the keys to Mike Davis and I'm not sure we'll ever get it back. 

Nova up 6 at seton hall with 3 min to go. Really good game. Champ week is next week boys. My second favorite college basketball week of the year. Thursday-Saturday next week is just as good as the first week of the tournament.

3 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I will be at the B1G Tourney both Wednesday and Thursday watching our Hoosiers. $6 general admission tickets for games on Wednesday. Absolutely insane. I’d imagine it’ll be a sea of red Wednesday. Can’t wait!

Are we locked into a Wednesday game?