Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Even if we have to play on Wednesday, but we still win the next two at home, I’m not worried I’m the least. To be 10-10 in conference and be the 11-seed is unheard of. Realistically, I think that just gives us an extra win playing Nebraska instead of possibly losing our first game and not getting that extra win against OSU or Mich as the 10 or 9 seed. And after beating Nebraska, a matchup with similarly flawed Iowa is winnable to potentially get a shot at an Illinois team we just about beat at their place on a neutral court. 

The fact of the matter is the B1G is just so deep this year, that where we end up on conference is not nearly as big a deal as what our record looks like. And if we win two more Quad 1 games and then get a W in the tourney, we’re sitting at 21-12 and are easily in. 

My company is having an appreciation event for us middle management types on Wednesday night. They are having the event at the Kohl Center, in a suite, during Bucky vs Northwestern. Food and drinks provided. Question is do I skip the IU/Minn game to go watch Wisky beat on Northwestern for free? I’d be scouting a future opponent. Don’t need to really, they gonna spank ya, real hard. But, it’s free.... don’t know what to do here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We need Iowa to somehow catch up with Purdue . Rutgers won earlier and now probably Purdue going to win big road game. They pass us and beat us twice. Yikes, we may have to win more than just the next two.

We need Iowa to somehow catch up with Purdue . Rutgers won earlier and now probably Purdue going to win big road game. They pass us and beat us twice. Yikes, we may have to win more than just the next two.

Nah. 20 wins would get us in without a doubt. Would have 6 wins against top 25 and 7 Quad 1 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

There's not a maximum number of teams per conference. Purdue is like a next four out team right now, Rutgers, I believe, is hovering somewhere right above the last 4 in. If both of them move up in some say (i.e. Purdue in and Rutgers farther in), there are plenty of teams they bump down not named Indiana. And if we win the next 2, tonight's results don't matter at all. We'll be talking about nothing but seeding on Selection Sunday. 

There's not a maximum number of teams per conference. Purdue is like a next four out team right now, Rutgers, I believe, is hovering somewhere right above the last 4 in. If both of them move up in some say (i.e. Purdue in and Rutgers farther in), there are plenty of teams they bump down not named Indiana. And if we win the next 2, tonight's results don't matter at all. We'll be talking about nothing but seeding on Selection Sunday. 

Gotta win 2 or hope the right teams win and lose down the stretch.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotta win 2 or hope the right teams win and lose down the stretch.

I strongly prefer the scenario that we just win 2 and not worry about anyone else. Or actually why not 3 or 4. How nice would it be to be on here have silly arguments on selection sunday about what region would be best? Although I still believe 1 of the next 2 will do it. Especially if that one is Wisconsin. Though I would absolutely dread the scenario of going into that last game of the season feeling like its an absolute must win. I'll actually be at the Wisconsin game. I don't think I'd actually enjoy it at all in that case. We'd do ourselves (collectively, the team, fanbase, this board) a huge favor by coming out and winning by 30 tomorrow. 

I strongly prefer the scenario that we just win 2 and not worry about anyone else. Or actually why not 3 or 4. How nice would it be to be on here have silly arguments on selection sunday about what region would be best? Although I still believe 1 of the next 2 will do it. Especially if that one is Wisconsin. Though I would absolutely dread the scenario of going into that last game of the season feeling like its an absolute must win. I'll actually be at the Wisconsin game. I don't think I'd actually enjoy it at all in that case. We'd do ourselves (collectively, the team, fanbase, this board) a huge favor by coming out and winning by 30 tomorrow. 

I agree with all this. But we aren’t very good. We don’t blow out teams. We go on 8-10 minute droughts on the reg. We get pummeled on the road.

IF we can win these last 2 my interest will be there. I think we do win both but i think it’s ugly. 1-1 wouldn’t surprise though.

Absolutely awful night for IU. Got no help from bubble teams, now it’s completely on them to win their final 2 home games.

This game is not a must win at all. Take care of business at home and IU is in without a doubt. All they really need is one more win to solidify their spot. Clemson is not getting in and Texas most likely is not getting in either unless they do some serious damage in their conference tournaments or win it. Oklahoma and Providence were both projected in the tourney anyway, they just helped their position with bubble teams behind them. On the contrary, Florida, Arizona State, and Texas Tech all lost to bubble teams or teams that won’t make it. They were all close to the same seed line as IU. Losing a Quad 1 road game is not going to hurt IU in any way. This game is only an opportunity. Win and your ticket is punched, lose and it’s no big deal.

Hang on... What? You and the USPS guy spent the other night explaining to me why IU has absolutely nothing to worry about because they were nowhere close to the bubble line.