Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Uh-oh ...

As they drop to 2-9 in the SEC, the Georgia AD just made a point of giving Tom Crean a 'vote of confidence':

McGarity also expressed confidence in men’s basketball coach Tom Crean.

“I feel great about men’s basketball. Certainly, we’d like to win more games, but if you look at the history of Tom’s resurrection of programs at Indiana—If fans believed in that, Bruce Pearl would not be coaching at Auburn right now. His first three years, he had losing records in the SEC,” McGarity said. “Patience isn’t king on many campuses, but we've learned patience is king."

“It’s just new turf for us. We’re trying to do something in basketball that’s really different, and to have some level of constant success. We’ve had peaks and valleys forever. We’re trying to get there. I’m excited to watch Tom’s kids play. It’s a brand of basketball that’s kind of new for all of us to see, but I've got total confidence to turn this thing around; it’s just not going to happen overnight. And sure, we’d all like to win more games—it just gets down to establishing a good foundation.”

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

“It’s just new turf for us. We’re trying to do something in basketball that’s really different, and to have some level of constant success. We’ve had peaks and valleys forever. We’re trying to get there. I’m excited to watch Tom’s kids play. It’s a brand of basketball that’s kind of new for all of us to see, but I've got total confidence to turn this thing around; it’s just not going to happen overnight. And sure, we’d all like to win more games—it just gets down to establishing a good foundation.”

Obviously didn't study Tom's Indiana career that well. Wait until he tells him he's in the second rebuild.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Uh-oh ...

As they drop to 2-9 in the SEC, the Georgia AD just made a point of giving Tom Crean a 'vote of confidence':

McGarity also expressed confidence in men’s basketball coach Tom Crean.

“I feel great about men’s basketball. Certainly, we’d like to win more games, but if you look at the history of Tom’s resurrection of programs at Indiana—If fans believed in that, Bruce Pearl would not be coaching at Auburn right now. His first three years, he had losing records in the SEC,” McGarity said. “Patience isn’t king on many campuses, but we've learned patience is king."

interesting way to put it

6 hours ago, bigrod said:

Obviously didn't study Tom's Indiana career that well. Wait until he tells him he's in the second rebuild.

I’m no fan of CTC, but in all fairness I would tend to agree that what he did at IU was to resurrect us. He inherited a mess, and got the program back to the #1-ranked team in the country and won a couple B1G titles. Certainly didn’t want him around long-term and felt his brand of basketball wasn’t rooted in sustainable principles. But he did what he’s attempting to do there at UGA for us by building the team up from the bottom to national prominence. 

I actually think UGA is a good spot for CTC and that he will find some success there (by their measures) given a few years. It’s a low-profile position with attainable goals and $EC resources to recruit. 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

San Diego St is the first team this year to clinch their conference’s regular season title. Nothing like clinching with 3 weeks left in regular season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lay an egg so Quinn & co. can sip their champagne for another year.

Washington Huskies fall to 2-10 and in dead last in the Pac12. Started out the season 10-2 including a win over Baylor. 2-11 since.

Isaiah Stewart should of came to IU if he wanted a chance to play in the NCAA tournament
In all seriousness the minute Green was ruled academically ineligible changed the course of their season. I think they have only won 2 games since

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Isaiah Stewart should of came to IU if he wanted a chance to play in the NCAA tournament
In all seriousness the minute Green was ruled academically ineligible changed the course of their season. I think they have only won 2 games since

I’m still confused as to why Jaden McDaniels isn’t starting. He’s arguably the best player on the team.

I’m still confused as to why Jaden McDaniels isn’t starting. He’s arguably the best player on the team.

Must be something new because he was starting earlier in the year and sports reference has him with 20 starts. Not sure why he isn’t starting. I would be starting him especially after losing 8 in a row

Penn State has won 8 straight now. Started off the Big Ten 2-4 and had lost 3 straight before getting on this win streak. Can we do that? Please? An 8 game win streak right now would put us finishing 13-7 in the Big Ten, which would put us in the top half of the B1G and likely Top 5.