Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Oregon going to OT. Ducks tie it up and steal the inbounds with a chance to win. Thanks guys for going to OT. Work isn’t going to be fun tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sorry bro, I couldn't endure another late night of hoops.  I had appointments early this morning and a shitload of work to catch up on. 

10 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Izzo’s press conference lol. Everybody plays up to Michigan St. shirt night on a weekday you save those for the weekend. Complained about 12% shooter hitting a shot(should of watched film and saw him hit a game winner from the corner against Notre Dame). Beaudraux hit 3 in a row against us and hasn’t hit one since. Then at the end he tells the Sparty media people oh by the way I suspended a player who didn’t make the trip and that’s all I’m going to say about that. Good night. Lol.

I was waiting to hear one positive remark towards our program.

Actually that wait is working on two years now.

Can't wait for him and his shitty attitude to be gone.

Just now, Woodson1980 said:

I was waiting to hear one positive remark towards our program.

Actually that wait is working on two years now.

Those positive comments used to pour down like rain when his boy CTC was in charge. Tom has been extremely gracious post-IU, but his daddy Izzo? Not so much.

**** izzo and all that trash program stands for. If karma has its day they’ll be battling for the bottom of the conference while those former players pay for what they did. I can’t believe the conference hasn’t stepped up in the wake of the things that happened at PSU. If there was ever a “lack of institutional control” MSU is the definition.

19 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

THIS. I once liked Izzo. Now-he's just a whiny you know what. Minus last season his teams kept getting bounced early in the tournament. They are the New Orleans Saints of college basketball. 

10 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

I've decided that KenPom is the Lunardi of analytics. He created a cottage industry, but now others are starting to leave him in the dust. You can't have a system where stats from half of last season still count towards this year's numbers.

I turn to Bart Torvik before KenPom. 

11 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

I've decided that KenPom is the Lunardi of analytics. He created a cottage industry, but now others are starting to leave him in the dust. You can't have a system where stats from half of last season still count towards this year's numbers.

Agree. Too much change season to season in cbb.

11 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

OSU and Michigan have both been dropping like rocks recently. 

Holtmann is now 11-19 against Big Ten teams in the last two seasons. 

It's even worse when you consider the talent that OSU had/has. 

I didn't mind M$U so much until I met an alumni years ago who stayed with my roommate a few days. This was right after IU had owned them under Crean in 2011-2012, and the guy was insufferable. Whenever I'd see him in passing he'd make a snide remark about the two program's respective histories and would not shut up. Finally I had shut him up.

Then the abuse came out and it cemented my hatred of that program. The entire athletic department should have been fired from the top on down because you can't tell me the coaches don't speak to each other and know exactly what's going on. The fact that Izzo (and everyone else) still has a job makes my skin crawl. So yeah, my Hatred Top 3 goes to pUKe, M$U, Turdue.

Moving this from the game thread, because it probably belongs here. 

Man, looking at the remaining schedules for the top half of the conference, and I literally have no confidence in predicting how things will play out. The unbalanced schedule really rears it’s ugly head for the top of the conference. MSU plays 5 of their last 8 games on the road, and 4 of their last 5 games are against teams currently ranked in the Top 25. Illinois starts Feb off with four straight games against ranked teams (@Iowa, Mary, MSU, @Rut) and then goes to PSU. Brutal stretch. Maryland is starting their tough stretch at Assembly Sun followed by 4 of their next five against ranked teams (Iowa, Rut, @Ill, Neb, @MSU), then they still have MSU at home and @Rut to end the season. Honestly, I think Iowa might have the most favorable schedule remaining. But I wouldn’t be totally shocked if the team(s) that wins the B1G has 6-7 losses. And more than that, I’m thinking there’s probably gonna be a two or three way tie for the top. 

Also, I read IU has the toughest remaining schedule in the country, but if you’re basing it on games against ranked teams, I don’t really see it. After Sunday, we only have two games remaining against currently ranked teams. Home against Iowa, and @Illinois. For comparison:

Games remaining against currently ranked teams:

MSU - 4

ILL - 5

Iowa - 4

Maryland - 6

Rutgers - 3