Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, monskisprodigy said:

1) The steal: not smart, but not as egregious as its made out to be (worse if you are winning and you try to score) 2) The block, absolutely okay, great play and evened out the "disrespect" of the steal 3) Standing over the guy, which is universally a sign of disrespect and dominance over someone...not okay, and escalated the situation. 

You felt disrespected, you got the block, great. Move on...I personally think this is partially on the refs/NCAA letting celebrations get a little out of hand. I understand you want to play with passion, but the flexing after scoring, putting your hand down to the ground signify someone is too small to guard you in the post, etc. all adds to fires like this. Maybe I am old haha. 

All around a sad scene. 

I agree. Everything up to number 3 was fine (unnecessary, but nothing wrong with the steal or the block.) 3 - is where it went sideways ....

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You’re up 22. If that kid wants to go score and make it 20 then so be it. Kansas player just got mad the kid stole it. NBA players are the same way. Get all pissy about crap like that. Things that won’t change the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's just an unspoken thing. There's 6 seconds left, the other team has the ball, and you're down a million points. Just shake each other's hands, do whatever, and walk off the court. 

It's just an unspoken thing. There's 6 seconds left, the other team has the ball, and you're down a million points. Just shake each other's hands, do whatever, and walk off the court. 

This happen to them earlier in the year or last year I can’t remember which one. They were up 30 and A kid stole the ball and dunked it and proceeded to jaw the whole way back down the court. It was a low major team so some just said it was ok for him to have his moment playing at Kansas. I’m sure you could find stories written about. Guess Kansas didn’t want it to happen again.

So I didn't see it. Was Kansas just trying to run the clock out or were they trying to score? To me, that makes the difference. If they are running a play and trying to score, then stealing the ball is fair game. If they are just dribbling the ball until the clock runs out, that's a pretty low class move.

This happen to them earlier in the year or last year I can’t remember which one. They were up 30 and A kid stole the ball and dunked it and proceeded to jaw the whole way back down the court. It was a low major team so some just said it was ok for him to have his moment playing at Kansas. I’m sure you could find stories written about. Guess Kansas didn’t want it to happen again.

I remember seeing that on twitter back when it happened. There was a small 'you play until the end' contingent on Twitter, but most people seemed to think it was a crappy move. His post-dunk antics definitely didn't help. Interesting that it happened to Kansas again in the same season. 

So I didn't see it. Was Kansas just trying to run the clock out or were they trying to score? To me, that makes the difference. If they are running a play and trying to score, then stealing the ball is fair game. If they are just dribbling the ball until the clock runs out, that's a pretty low class move.
None of what the KState kid did warrants someone standing over him and taunting him which led to the brawl. Should the kid have done done it? Probably not, but the ensuing crap after the block is unwarranted from both sides

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

None of what the KState kid did warrants someone standing over him and taunting him which led to the brawl. Should the kid have done done it? Probably not, but the ensuing crap after the block is unwarranted from both sides

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Eh I don't completely agree. Not taunting to that extent, but if you do something douchey like that then I don't have a problem with someone doing something douchey like taunting back after you get your shot pitched. Standing over him was too far though. 

One created by babies. Play to the horn. When you’re up 22, you’ve embarrassed the team enough. No need to taunt. Probably why De Sousa doesn’t play anyways.

The whole 'I was disrespected, I have to retaliate' culture needs to change. That mentality leads to a lot of bad things. Stealing the ball for a score when the other team is just trying to run out the clock is bad form, and frankly, looks silly. However, it deserved an 'eye roll' at most, definitely not a brawl.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

One created by babies. Play to the horn. When you’re up 22, you’ve embarrassed the team enough. No need to taunt. Probably why De Sousa doesn’t play anyways.

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

KState player had every right to steal it. Kansas should have just let them score unless they had bets on the game.

Which is it. Play until the horn or just let them score. ****, you're nothing but hot takes