Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I understand it. Just not something I would do. I have no problem with negativity. I just did follow your reasoning in this case pointing out IU was garbage because Rutgers beat Nebraska

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It's not just one game.  It's just the most recent example of a trend.  You've seen it.

Nevermind, much love.  I can't accept this.  

You think your posts on btown banners make my team look bad?

Haha unfortunately they do that all on their own. Has nothing to do with anybody on this forum.

I’m watching the same games you are man. I’m not happy either about how things have gone on the past several years. Just don’t feel it is necessary to post that on a message board every single day or multiple times a day. Different strokes.

sorry for derailing this college basketball thread. To post on topic, has anybody watched temple this year? Didn’t realize jake forrester was starting and averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds. Good for him.

I really thought Forrester had a ton of upside and could have been really good for us the course of a 4-5 year career.

I understand that he had a hard time learning plays and was foul prone but he never really got a shot. He never was in a game long enough to settle in and get comfortable.

He was so hyper when in because he was like a caged animal. I think some of that would have worn off in time.

I look at our likely loss of all 3 of our bigs in the next 1-2 years and a guy like Forrester would be ready to take on the big minutes but he was run off

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Our program is garbage

Vs.

We need to get it going under Archie. We haven’t played our best but we can get it done if we feed our beast down low.

Delivery has a lot to do with how people view your post. Thankfully, as a young Airman, I had a Jedi as a flight chief. The dude could tell an officer he was the dumbest officer on the face of the earth without the officer ever knowing he was being offended. Really funny to see and one hell of a life lesson.

Back on topic, Georgetown cutting into Seton Hall’s lead. I don’t believe they have enough gas to finish off the comeback though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good stuff man.  Thanks.

More optimistic than I can be, I don't believe it can be done under Archie, but message received.  Happy new year.

Good stuff man.  Thanks.
More optimistic than I can be, I don't believe it can be done under Archie, but message received.  Happy new year.

Just passing on lessons I’ve learned. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. 15 years ago I’d probably be ready to fight someone telling me to stop being negative. Age (and bad health) changed my perspective on many things. I’m just as competitive and pissed about the state of the program as anyone. However, there’s nothing I can say or do to change it so it doesn’t bother me as much as before.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just passing on lessons I’ve learned. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. 15 years ago I’d probably be ready to fight someone telling me to stop being negative. Age (and bad health) changed my perspective on many things. I’m just as competitive and pissed about the state of the program as anyone. However, there’s nothing I can say or do to change it so it doesn’t bother me as much as before.

I think there are things we can do.  I'm not ready to resign to being garbage yet.

I am losing interest, but it's not because I feel helpless to these results.  It's because the results don't change.  We struggle with terrible teams all the time under Archie.  We collapse a lot.  We lose games where we look terrible on our own court.  It's not getting better.

I think there are things we can do.  I'm not ready to resign to being garbage yet.
I am losing interest, but it's not because I feel helpless to these results.  It's because the results don't change.  We struggle with terrible teams all the time under Archie.  We collapse a lot.  We lose games where we look terrible on our own court.  It's not getting better.

Losing on our own court to inferior teams is definitely a concern. It has a lot to do with focus and determination with the staff and players. I’d like to say that as we have upperclassmen in Archie’s system it’ll get better. However, I don’t see the lessons being taught when they should be. I’d feel a lot better about the future if that were the case.

I can’t remember the analyst but several years ago someone said build a team that’s tougher and smarter than the other team and you’ll when a lot of games. I’d like to see IU getting back to that.

“Today’s college game, they can do everything but tackle you across the lane and it not get called,” said Chris Holtmann, upset about the physicality against Wesson. “We have to figure out a way to play better in those situations when they're chucking, grabbing and holding.”

Odd he didn’t mention Wesson with 9 fouls. Lol.

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

“Today’s college game, they can do everything but tackle you across the lane and it not get called,” said Chris Holtmann, upset about the physicality against Wesson. “We have to figure out a way to play better in those situations when they're chucking, grabbing and holding.”

It’s only unfair when it’s happening to you lol

6 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

“Today’s college game, they can do everything but tackle you across the lane and it not get called,” said Chris Holtmann

I agree with him 100%.  Basketball is at its best when it's based predominantly on basketball skills.  And that includes the skill of playing defense without making contact.  Which is much harder to perfect than the constant contact defense they allow some teams (underscore some) to play today.

You pointed out that since Rutgers beat Nebraska on the road it somehow shows that IU’s basketball program is garbage because it took OT for IU to beat Nebraska and said it was fact. Isn’t that your opinion that it’s garbage. I don’t follow that line of thinking when comparing teams. If I did then I would think that Kentucky’s basketball program is garbage since they lost to Evansville at home and after that I watched Evansville lose to East Carolina and Jackson St.

You posting under the influence again?

Wouldn’t most people on a free message board for IU basketball be the pumpers of sunshine? Why on earth would I spend my free time on a message board and want to be a pumper of negativity?

How about a pumper of reality? And the reality of the program isn’t very positive.

I also agree with what he said. However, I agree with what you posted. If they called K. Wesson for half of the stuff he did he would have been gone early.

Is anyone surprised that officiating has changed in conference play? I saw several flops that went uncalled in that game too.

I hate the Big Ten!

Edit: don’t be surprised to see O$U receiving a favorable whistle for a few weeks.

How about a pumper of reality? And the reality of the program is very positive.

Sure I’m cool with pumper of reality. But like with many things everyone’s definition what that reality is will be different.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I also agree with what he said. However, I agree with what you posted. If they called K. Wesson for half of the stuff he did he would have been gone early.

Is anyone surprised that officiating has changed in conference play? I saw several flops that went uncalled in that game too.

I hate the Big Ten!

Edit: don’t be surprised to see O$U receiving a favorable whistle for a few weeks.

I’m hoping the new commish changes our officiating style.