Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Turned it on the LSU/USC game for the first time and first sentence uttered by the commentators is “How lucky was Trendon Watford to be able to grow up in assembly hall and watch his brother play there”....as they show Christian at the game...Perfect timing

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IMG_1679.thumb.jpg.01233a94bf0e3dcd8ce467f964e8b076.jpgAnyone else find this as comical as I did. Purdue posts pic of Bankers Life as IU is playing...knowing close to half the arena will be empty for their game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ha there was a lot of IU fans stay until halftime of the PU game. Starting at the under 12 it cleared out quickly. The pic with the empty seats behind the bench was the IU section. I personally think of the lower bowl IU got 50% of the seats. Butler had the 2nd most fans. PU 3rd. I didn’t hear many ND fans outside of their lower bowl section.

Whoever the analyst is on the Minn-Ok St just said, swear to God, “X’s And O’’s don’t win games. They don’t. It’s playing the game the way you want to play the game.”  Awesome insight.  Let me try that one. “Shooting doesn’t result In points. It doesn’t. It’s releasing the ball in the direction of the rim.”

This is great. I spit my drink up when I read this

45 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Watching this Iowa/Cincy game and Iowa’s 7 ft center is a better 3 point shooter than anyone we have

He has shot it well from deep this year so far, but for his career he's 48 out of 144 (33%).  Best part of his game is definitely inside the arc.  He's a load.

1 hour ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Turned it on the LSU/USC game for the first time and first sentence uttered by the commentators is “How lucky was Trendon Watford to be able to grow up in assembly hall and watch his brother play there”....as they show Christian at the game...Perfect timing

Funny before reading this thread I hadn't even thought about Watford for months. Looked up his stat line: 

12.5ppg 5.5 reb 1.3 ast 3.1 TO(!) shooting 51% FG, 59%FT and 36.8% 3-pt. Looks like he's 4th in minutes & scoring on the team. 3rd in rebounds. I think he'd be in the rotation, but doubt he'd start at IU this season. Same with Brooks. Carton on the other hand? He's the one that got away. I have a strong feeling we're gonna be real sick of him before his O$U career is over. 

4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Funny before reading this thread I hadn't even thought about Watford for months. Looked up his stat line: 

12.5ppg 5.5 reb 1.3 ast 3.1 TO(!) shooting 51% FG, 59%FT and 36.8% 3-pt. Looks like he's 4th in minutes & scoring on the team. 3rd in rebounds. I think he'd be in the rotation, but doubt he'd start at IU this season. Same with Brooks. Carton on the other hand? He's the one that got away. I have a strong feeling we're gonna be real sick of him before his O$U career is over. 

Hopefully his OSU career is over in about 5 months 

Indiana recruited Garza and Carton. Those 2 would have really helped.

Speaking of Brooks, if he came to Indiana and was having the season he is having, social media would be relentless that it’s Indiana’s fault. Curious to see how his career progresses. If anything his numbers are lessening.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Honestly it's probably for the best that Brooks didn't come to IU.  He's not all that great, but it would have been perceived Archie is killing another lottery pick's talent.  Who knows where we'd be though.

Sure hope Dad saved all that bagman cash though, at this rate I don't think Keion will make it to the league anytime soon.

11 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I don’t see too many of these Kentucky players leaving for NBA and he already has a descent size class coming in....wouldn’t be surprised to see Brooks and maybe others Crean’d

They have the scholarship numbers to sign all of their current 2020 class and only need to lose 2 underclassmen scholarship player (sestina leaving too, obviously). I'm sure they will have two go pro, even though they shouldn't.  I wouldn't be suprised if some DO transfer, however.

But kenpom has Purdue at #11. When I see that, personally it makes me question the matrix some. They sure don’t look like anywhere near the 11th best team to me.

Definitely not 11th best and I’m sure they will start falling down in the Ken Pom rankings but they are definitely still in the top 55 somewhere between 40-55 range in my opinion

Big Ten now has 12 top-55 Kenpom teams.

Big East had a heck of a Saturday. 7-0 vs power 6 teams and all 10 of their members are in the Ken Pom top 100. 9 of the 10 as of today would be in the discussion for a tournament bid. That will change once they beat up each other in conference play but impressive non conference for the Big East