Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I don't really see what the big deal is. It's a Snoop Dogg concert, obviously it's not going to be family friendly. They had it last so people could leave if they wanted. The event's for recruits, and I don't think the recruits minded. 

Kansas football got Rick Ross, Kansas basketball got Snoop, and IU basketball is still stuck in 1970. It sucks. Surfer Fred will probably try to book the Beach Boys for next year. 

I don't really see what the big deal is. It's a Snoop Dogg concert, obviously it's not going to be family friendly. They had it last so people could leave if they wanted. The event's for recruits, and I don't think the recruits minded. 
Kansas football got Rick Ross, Kansas basketball got Snoop, and IU basketball is still stuck in 1970. It sucks. Surfer Fred will probably try to book the Beach Boys for next year. 

Right, you know people would be flipping their **** on here if IU did the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Right, you know people would be flipping their **** on here if IU did the same thing.

Sure, they would be. But IU wouldn't ever think to do something like this because IU and a lot of its fans are content sitting back and losing because we do things the "right way".  IU basketball doesn't have the cool factor and hasn't for a long time now. 

People will probably attack me or say that I'm complaining for the sake of complaining, but I don't care. I'm tired of IU being a punch line. The only silver lining is that Archie understands this. It's just a matter of whether the administration will let him do what he needs to do to be successful. 

Lol. “Administration will let him do what he needs to do to be successful.” Pay the players... ? WOW. I hope bringing in top entertainment talent isn’t the answer to the IU basketball issues. Oh. Good Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

Lol. “Administration will let him do what he needs to do to be successful.” Pay the players... ? WOW. I hope bringing in top entertainment talent isn’t the answer to the IU basketball issues. Oh. Good Lord.

Didn't take long for the "oh so we just need to bring in a rapper and we'll win?" comments. Don't be simplistic. But yeah, he'll be successful if the administration gets out of the way. Shouldn't be hard to figure out. 

4 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

Lol ok. You just called me simple. Nice. Yeah. I got your point. I just think you’re wrong.

No, I called your way of thinking about the problem simplistic. Because it is. Has nothing to do with you personally. The lack of entertainment at Hoosier hysteria is just part of a much bigger problem. 

Okay. You said we should pay players. Or I completely missed your point. The problem is simple. We can fall in line and pay players or we can do it the right way. I don’t really give a ‘rats @$$’ if we bring in a rapper or not.

I’d be cool with IU bringing in some entertainment for a Hoosier Hysteria. I’m not sure I’d be cool with a rapper who has pole dancers as there are a lot of families in attendance.

My biggest gripe with HH has been the dead time between events. I’d be all for them pushing the south bleachers back and putting up a stage. I’m not sure who the perfect entertainment would be though.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

I’d be cool with IU bringing in some entertainment for a Hoosier Hysteria. I’m not sure I’d be cool with a rapper who has pole dancers as there are a lot of families in attendance.

My biggest gripe with HH has been the dead time between events. I’d be all for them pushing the south bleachers back and putting up a stage. I’m not sure who the perfect entertainment would be though.

Pole dancers would be a bit much.. Lol. Hoosier hysteria is kind of boring, imo. It's cool because it's a taste of IU basketball and means the season is close, but it's not all that entertaining. 

I’m getting too old for a lot. I would hope HH would be about basketball and the up coming season. I would prefer they just stream a practice. I would enjoy that a whole lot more than any kind of entertainment. All I care about is the basketball piece, which used to be important. I’m going to stop responding and just realize that I’m out of touch. Have a nice night everyone...

Well, let’s hope Kansas gets hit as hard as U of 6 by the NCAA, although I do respect them for going big at their season opening celebration. IU would never hire a rapper to perform at Hoosier Hysteria.

Of course you respect them. They certainly went big. I think you should change your fandom buddy.

I’m getting too old for a lot. I would hope HH would be about basketball and the up coming season. I would prefer they just stream a practice. I would enjoy that a whole lot more than any kind of entertainment. All I care about is the basketball piece, which used to be important. I’m going to stop responding and just realize that I’m out of touch. Have a nice night everyone...

You are right IMO. Of course, I think halftime shows are stupid at the Super Bowl or any concert like before a game like I've seen. The game is what it is about. If a game needs a concert, pool(Diamonbacks Stadium), or any other gimmick to get fans to a game, then there is a huge problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but Purdue has whiffed on all their main big 2020 targets now that Hunter Dickinson eliminated them.
Painter's never figured out how to turn a good season into consistently solid recruiting classes.

Sounds like Crean

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but Purdue has whiffed on all their main big 2020 targets now that Hunter Dickinson eliminated them.
Painter's never figured out how to turn a good season into consistently solid recruiting classes.

I don’t necessarily put that on Painter. Coach K came calling and if he doesn’t commit to Duke I will be surprised especially since Purdue was eliminated at the same time roughly that Duke offered.

Kansas : No Press is Bad Press

Terrible look and I’m glad IU didn’t do the same thing. Looks awful to most adults. But, Kids probably loved it. And it generates around Twitter all day long.

No press is bad press.

NCAA is a laughingstock, and now Kansas is mocking them.

Yep. IMO, Self and Kansas knew what they were doing here. But the apology makes it “look” better