Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Georgia Tech also gets four years probation, fine of 2% of the basketball budget, loss of one scholarship for four years, eight week ban on unofficial visits and recruiting communications, reduction of three official visits, loss of 19 recruiting days. Hammered.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is encouraging- would LOVE it if KU got a proportional penalty! I know the NCAA has no credibility, but a guy can dream. 

Ga Tech became the scapegoat for all the others who will likely get naughty naughty hand slaps.  

Disagree.

Yeah I agree with Stu on this. It would be impossible to justify without completely killing any semblance of usefulness the NCAA has if they went easy on everyone after that. There is no way do I think Kansas gets the brunt of it. But we may see a couple of coaches getting a full season ban. On top of other sanctions. I still think Kansas gets a postseason ban. But man what will UL get if that’s the case? Are we going to see another NCAA president pass out while handing out a penalty?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Louisville should get the death penalty and Zona and KU should be getting the hammer just like GT if not worse. NCAA needs to send a message that the BS won’t be tolerated. If they rollover, the NCAA is done for.

19 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Tech got hit with 1 major violation and they didn’t get hit with a failure to control. Kansas got hit with 3 major violations and a failure to control.

So what you're saying is that Self will get suspended for 3 games? That should teach him. And a Mother's Day card for good measure:

a7a19da6ef89b40422039352d198986a.jpg

Big news from Baylor. Mario Kegler has been suspended indefinitely from the program, and won’t be serving a suspension since he will turn pro.

Turned out to be a really good miss
I remember him being the headliner at Hoosier Hysteria

I was going to post same thing. I’ll admit I wanted him. Wrong........

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

21 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Louisville should get the death penalty and Zona and KU should be getting the hammer just like GT if not worse. NCAA needs to send a message that the BS won’t be tolerated. If they rollover, the NCAA is done for.

Instead of the death penalty I suggest the loss of 13 scholarships for a couple years. They can have a team of walk-ons. That way other teams in the conference don't get punished by losing games and the offender gets a couple of 5-26 records as a reward (and we all know how that feels) Let them add 4 scholarships a year after that to draw out the pain. I think it unlikely, but seems fitting to me. 

Maybe one day we can be included in that again... once upon a time Indiana vs UConn would be interesting.

Had 2 games last year included these type of lists for last year (IU/Duke) and IU/Marquette

Only because of Romeo. That IU-Duke game wasn’t worth a watch outside of watching Zion. Every Duke game could have been put on the list.

Only because of Romeo. That IU-Duke game wasn’t worth a watch outside of watching Zion. Every Duke game could have been put on the list.

So what the reason. You said some troll line like “maybe one day we can be included in that again....”
I just pointed out we were on the list twice for last years season
I’m guessing the one day you are hoping for to be included on a list like that again will be next season.

So what the reason. You said some troll line like “maybe one day we can be included in that again....”
I just pointed out we were on the list twice for last years season
I’m guessing the one day you are hoping for to be included on a list like that again will be next season.

It’d be nice to be included as a ranked team. Hasn’t happened in a few years.