Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 9/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, jbell833 said:

IMG_1235.jpg
2022 PG Zocko Littleton just received an offer from Georgia and looks absolutely thrilled about it...Happy Saturday everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That is awesome- he looks like Crean is trying to sell him a timeshare.

Duke doesn't have to pay players.
Recruits would turn down money offered by other schools all for the prestige of playing for Coach K and that storied program.

That’s almost verbatim what Kentucky fans have said in the past about calipari. It’s laughable, clearly they will go to LSU or anywhere that will pay them. I have no doubt the vast majority of five stars from Kentucky and duke have been paid

So, U.Va. offers to add a year to Tony Bennett's contract and give him a raise. He takes the extra year, but turns down the raise. Says that he and his wife are more than happy with the money they're making and tells U.Va. to spend the money on his assistants or on other athletic programs. ... Is this guy for real? 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27629534/virginia-bennett-rejects-raise-new-deal

That’s awesome! I might have to be a Virginia fan if Archie can’t get things turned around. Haha

I am unabashedly a Virginia supporter. Turning into a fan during the tourney since we haven’t made it lately. 

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/09/08/road-to-redemption-how-virginia-went-from-losing-to-16-seed-to-winning-title/

Yaklich  was Beilein’s top defensive Asst the last couple of years and is now at Texas. Great breakdown of UM’s ball screen defense and some nice stuff on what Chris Beard does. Really good listen for the x’s and o’s nerds around here.