Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

That was the one thing that scared me with them being aloud to take OVs during their Junior year. It will be interesting to see what the data says a few years into it. When the NBA gets rid of the one and done I feel that may have an opposite effect for some. Why risk looking bad against 22 year olds when you can look like Lebron James against 16 year olds?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

80 players have started in the last four Final Fours.

Only 9 have been freshmen.

2019: A. Henry (MSU), K. Clark (UVA)

2018: O. Spellman (Nova), C. Krutwig (Loyola), I. Livers (Michigan)

2017: M. Kotsar (SC), P. Pritchard (Oregon)

2016: J. Brunson (Nova), M. Richardson (SU)

Jon Rothstein

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Which further explains why we should be remarkably thankful for our fanbase instead of saying things like “we have the worst fanbase” and other disparaging remarks I’ve seen about our fans on here and other places.

Illinois being at 9 was a big shock to me. Others seemed to fit. Not seeing Nike darling Oregon on here also interesting. Or UCLA

Yes, one could make an argument that Indiana fans are the best in all of college basketball. Our on-court product is lagging everyone else at the top yet we support and spend as much as anyone.

We have been the only thing keeping this thing afloat the past 20 years

Edit: fans + BigTen network contract as evidenced by 4 BigTen schools being in the top 10

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Nojel Eastern’s mother in a full meltdown on the Purdue free board because of an ongoing fight with a troll who is critical of her kid’s three point shooting.

Team boards need mods: lesson #1

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/there-goes-the-lead.174930/page-5

She took that bait hook, line and sinker. Not even an expert troll job. She was just looking for a fight.

5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

She took that bait hook, line and sinker. Not even an expert troll job. She was just looking for a fight.

Agreed- it was decent trolling, but not great. WHY would any parent read a message board? That is just begging for it, even from your own fans. Sheesh. 

Agreed- it was decent trolling, but not great. WHY would any parent read a message board? That is just begging for it, even from your own fans. Sheesh. 

We have had a few. Togis Mother was adored, and she often posted. Troy Wiiliams Mother came on...until she had a meltdown.

Nojel Eastern’s mother in a full meltdown on the Purdue free board because of an ongoing fight with a troll who is critical of her kid’s three point shooting.
Team boards need mods: lesson #1
https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/there-goes-the-lead.174930/page-5

Yep and sad part is they have a few. Problem is the ones they have only moderates IU fans.

We have had a few. Togis Mother was adored, and she often posted. Troy Wiiliams Mother came on...until she had a meltdown.

Yeah we tried, but there was no good coming from that. Yogi’s mom was fantastic and easy to work with. She was cool with the good, bad, and ugly. Couldn’t ask for a better parent. Troys mom couldn’t handle seeing her sons name in any way. Nojel’s mom is the same way.