Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Or he could have banked the scholarships to get multiple grad transfers. But to be blunt I have no huge issue with any of those 3 players. 

To be blunt, those three guys might be solid upperclassmen, but they really don’t do much for a new coach as a freshman and sophomore class. All three needed some time to work into a rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, OliviaPope40 said:
For Duke:
1. Tyus Battle had 32 points
2. Tre Jones goes down in first half does not return
3. Cam Reddish was out with an illness
4. They shot poorly and their defense faltered

For Duke:
1. They still lost at home
2. Zion has 35 and 10
3. Number 1 and 2 players in 2019 still played
Injuries and illness happen to every team
4. Lots of teams shoot poorly against Cuse zone
5. Making excuses for why a Duke team lost a home game (with their roster even without those 2 was better than Cuse) is one of many reasons why people have Duke fatigue.

In 11 yrs at Michigan Coach Beilein has 8 double digit loss seasons, 2 losing season, 1 .500 record.

1st yr 10-22,
2nd yr 21-14 NCAA round of 32,
3rd yr 15-17. He is thought to be a great coach.

Hey@AssemblyCall right trajectory is more than one game result. Stay true
Brian Tonsoni

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

54 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:
1 hour ago, IUrocker said:
Kentucky at Georgia at 7:00 on ESPN tonight. Watch Crean find a way to pull that one off.

Personally, I have watched more Crean coached games than I ever desired

Haha yep me too, just noticed the two teams would be playing. When I see the final score, I probably won’t be surprised no matter the outcome. 

12 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Miller chose to rerecruit Smith, Durham and Moore

No question that he did, but had they not stayed, he would had to spend valuable recruiting time - grad transfers or otherwise - to fill those roster spots and thus couldn't have spent his time recruiting Phinisee, Hunter and that kid from New Albany and the jury is still out on Anderson and Forrester.   There is no right or wrong answer.

4 hours ago, OliviaPope40 said:

For Duke:

1. Tyus Battle had 32 points

2. Tre Jones goes down in first half does not return

3. Cam Reddish was out with an illness

4. They shot poorly and their defense faltered

Barrett shooting 8-30 and 4-17 from 3 is awful, but he did have 16 boards and 9 assists, so there's that

Have been all year. We have a win over Marquette but haven’t looked good since that game. Not sure what happened. Our next best win is... Louisville? Then Butler I’m assuming? We’ve gotten beat by 5 of the best teams we’ve played and weren’t even competitive against the two top 5 teams we played.

Not even close to being on the bubble all year.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No question that he did, but had they not stayed, he would had to spend valuable recruiting time - grad transfers or otherwise - to fill those roster spots and thus couldn't have spent his time recruiting Phinisee, Hunter and that kid from New Albany and the jury is still out on Anderson and Forrester.   There is no right or wrong answer.

This problem is two fold. One is guys haven't developed like we all thought they would. I'm specifically talking about Davis and Green. McBob has gotten worse due to injury. Durham and Smith have taken small steps forward. 

The second is a few misses on Archie's part along with injuries to potentially key depth guys. Fizner was a big miss. There were a number of good grad transfers out there that could have really helped this team. I really thought one of Anderson or Forrester would be playing some meaningful minutes so this is disappointing as well. That has hurt as well given the fact that our bench is providing little to nothing in the scoring department. Hunter/Race both being out certainly hurts that depth as well. 

Just now, Joe DeLow said:

No one on this team has gotten better from last year. McBob isn’t worse because of injuries. He just isn’t good enough and needs to spend the rest of the season on the bench with Fitz as we give minutes to Moore and Forrester. I was at the game last night and literally every single person was ready to leave at halftime because of the dumbest coaching decision I’ve ever season. You have one defensive possession left in the half... and you put McBob and Fitz in... what happens? McBob and Fitz get into the pick and roll, McBob gets blown by, Fitz can’t keep up and they get a dunk to end the half.

I think Durham and Smith have improved but not enough to really matter or have an impact on any games. It's really disappointing all around regarding player development. McBob at least was decent defensively last year. This year he seems like one of our worst defenders constantly getting blown by. Total joke that he and Fizner would ever be in during the same time. Easy 3 on 5 on both ends of the floor. 

7 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

This problem is two fold. One is guys haven't developed like we all thought they would. I'm specifically talking about Davis and Green. McBob has gotten worse due to injury. Durham and Smith have taken small steps forward. 

The second is a few misses on Archie's part along with injuries to potentially key depth guys. Fizner was a big miss. There were a number of good grad transfers out there that could have really helped this team. I really thought one of Anderson or Forrester would be playing some meaningful minutes so this is disappointing as well. That has hurt as well given the fact that our bench is providing little to nothing in the scoring department. Hunter/Race both being out certainly hurts that depth as well. 

Yea, go back thru the box scores and it's amazing how little we get out of our bench, almost zero in almost every game.