Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

BREAKING: Kansas big man Udoka Azubuike will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season due to a torn ligament in his right hand, per release.
Big blow to Kansas

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Silvio DeSousa’s available! He’s well rested and has a fistful of $$$ to burn!

36 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nebraska is still good this year. Hard to win on the road in this league

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree they are good but they are 1-3 in the league. Sole win against Illinois and have yet to play either Michigan school. OSU or Wisconsin. Not to mention us. 

There were people saying they would win the conference

BREAKING: Kansas big man Udoka Azubuike will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season due to a torn ligament in his right hand, per release.
Big blow to Kansas

I kind of wish IU would come out and say what’s up with Hunter and Thompson and if they are out for the season as quickly as Kansas did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Fairfield up 15 on Niagara in second half on espn3 with .....
Never mind there is only one game on today with a team with a winning record. Have fun watching the football game

Let us know if any of the MEAC/SWAC games have a proper halftime show, it'll guaranteed be 100x better than Imagine D-Bags.

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

There are some good games on tonight. Also note, Maryland is playing at Minnesota and we'll have them at Maryland Friday. I really think we can steal that one on the road.

Yep. If Rob and Deron are back I think we have a shot

Maryland is going to give us problems, especially at Home. Not getting my hopes up at all.

They have 2 very good bigs, competent guards, and home cooking.

We don’t hit threes. We are going to have to hope that some teams shoot themselves out of games. Maryland might do that because they aren’t well coached but.... We’ll see.

57 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Interesting article, with relevant portion below   The break...

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/columnists/university-of-tennessee/john-adams/2019/01/05/ut-vols-tennessee-basketball-looks-best-team-country-again/2435586002/

The Bulldogs performance raised a number of questions – like, why did they pay Crean so much money to become its coach? By halftime, if any Georgia fans still had enough courage to watch, they probably were yearning for the good old days of Mark Fox.

As overmatched as Georgia’s defense was against Tennessee, its offense wasn’t exactly dazzling. The Bulldogs’ plan seemed to be: Dribble aimlessly on the perimeter before jacking up a 3-point attempt or making an awkward drive to the basket. Then, repeat.

Neither option proved successful. Georgia made only one of 20 3-point attempts and hit just 32.1 percent of its shots overdall.

The Bulldogs did succeed in one area. They made Tennessee look like the class of college basketball.

Just wait. Sometime Georgia will hit 18 of those threes and everything will be awesome.