Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Haven’t watched the second half yet but Gonzaga survived last night Rui hit the game winning shot with with 1 sec left against Washington

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
I watched most of the first half, but eventually Walton drove me away.

34 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Has anyone watched Michigan this year? Anyone notice how hard they play? How much they fight? How scrappy they can be? They don’t have any superstars yet they are killing it. We have two players that are All Big Ten first team material and we don’t hustle half the time, don’t scrap for 50/50 balls ever. I’m not sure what Archie is telling them but he best be lighting a fire under their ***** soon.

Totally get what you are saying, but I guess I'm willing to give it some time. I don't like seeing the lack of effort, and I don't like using the injuries as an excuse, but that has to play a role.

This is early December, so there are 3-4 long months left to teams to improve, level out, or lose steam. With such a young team, I like our chances of guys learning to play at this level and making some good strides in that time.

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Has anyone watched Michigan this year? Anyone notice how hard they play? How much they fight? How scrappy they can be? They don’t have any superstars yet they are killing it. We have two players that are All Big Ten first team material and we don’t hustle half the time, don’t scrap for 50/50 balls ever. I’m not sure what Archie is telling them but he best be lighting a fire under their ***** soon.

Did you watch Michigan play during Beilein's first 4 years?  Check out their results below:

2007–08 Michigan 10–22 5–13 T–9th  
2008–09 Michigan 21–14 9–9 T–7th NCAA Division I Round of 32
2009–10 Michigan 15–17 7–11 T–7th  
2010–11 Michigan 21–14 9–9 T–4th NCAA Division I Round of 32

I wonder if you would have called them fighters then.  Beilein didn't turn them around over night.  I'm just as frustrated by our sloppy play, but we can't really expect this team to play like the Michigan team we see today at this point in Archie's tenure.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For what it's worth, I was screaming at the tv about Fitzner not going hard after loose balls in the Penn State game. My 12 year old bballer told me that he was going hard, but has such terrible hands he can't get anything. 

We rewound the game to two sequences; both times he was first to a loose ball. Both times the ball rattled around in his hands until a Penn St player came away with it. 

For Fitzner? It's hard to fix clumsy. The poor guy has a debilitating medical condition known as "Hanner Hands."

There was a play I remember where two PSU players were on the floor trying to get a loose ball and Langford was reaching down to get it. Not surprisingly, PSU came away with it.

There was a play I remember where two PSU players were on the floor trying to get a loose ball and Langford was reaching down to get it. Not surprisingly, PSU came away with it.

Pretty sure I know which play you are talking about. Romeo got there first too didn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm not sure which post game it was but I remember Archie calling out that we were soft on the 50/50 balls.  Maybe the Penn State game?  I have a hunch things may improve in this area.  

29 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

Did you watch Michigan play during Beilein's first 4 years?  Check out their results below:

I wonder if you would have called them fighters then.  Beilein didn't turn them around over night.  I'm just as frustrated by our sloppy play, but we can't really expect this team to play like the Michigan team we see today at this point in Archie's tenure.

This. People need to give Archie more than 1 year and 9 games (riddled with injuries) before judging. 

And people get crazy about the title runs, however a lot of it is luck of the match up. Obviously you have to play well to get there and beat teams, but the best team they played until the championship game was in round 2 against 6-seed Houston (who they beat on a buzzer beater). 

They played the following: (and Texas A&M was the only team they really dominated)

14 Montana (R1)

6 Houston (R2)

7 Texas A&M (S16)

9 Florida St. (E8)

11 Loyola (F4)

Again, not trying to downplay the success, they obviously were playing great basketball down the stretch, but they also obviously got some favorable match-ups. 

Dang logic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

For what it's worth, I was screaming at the tv about Fitzner not going hard after loose balls in the Penn State game. My 12 year old bballer told me that he was going hard, but has such terrible hands he can't get anything. 

We rewound the game to two sequences; both times he was first to a loose ball. Both times the ball rattled around in his hands until a Penn St player came away with it. 

For Fitzner? It's hard to fix clumsy. The poor guy has a debilitating medical condition known as "Hanner Hands."

Or worse still Uwe Blab AKA Hands of Stone early in his career.

I can still hear my dad spewing "Hands of Stone" every time Todd Lindeman tried to catch a pass.  

I was lucky enough to have Todd’s wife as my clinical advisor while getting my Masters and she was getting her PhD. He may have had stone hands but he must’ve had some moves off at he court. I never missed supervision that semester

I was lucky enough to have Todd’s wife as my clinical advisor while getting my Masters and she was getting her PhD. He may have had stone hands but he must’ve had some moves off at he court. I never missed supervision that semester

He seems like the type to be a member on this board lol. You don't have to have moves off the court when you are a prominent player on indiana especially back then to land a good looking girl. Hell priller probably had no problem

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app