Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

One possession..
Svi blocks out WVU Big by face guarding, no foul
Vick extends the forearm on defender, no foul
Azubuki flops, foul

Zero doubt KU will win this game. Death, taxes, and a few calls for KU to win their 156832478 straight Big 12 title. Shocking

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Huggins late game offense helped out as well. They have the worse late game possessions of any team I have seen this year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Huggins late game offense helped out as well. They have the worse late game possessions of any team I have seen this year

No doubt they choked down the stretch but did anyone think they would lose? 2 to 35 FTA, multiple WTH calls and no calls. Pretty sure one ref called every foul on Carter but his fifth (some extremely questionable or flatout not a foul). What I'm saying is KU has benefitted from being THE basketball program in the Big 12. Conference likes it like that. I would put money on them winning another conference title no matter how well Texas Tech plays. Cool storyline though...

No doubt they choked down the stretch but did anyone think they would lose? 2 to 35 FTA, multiple WTH calls and no calls. Pretty sure one ref called every foul on Carter but his fifth (some extremely questionable or flatout not a foul). What I'm saying is KU has benefitted from being THE basketball program in the Big 12. Conference likes it like that. I would put money on them winning another conference title no matter how well Texas Tech plays. Cool storyline though...

Agree they have benefited from calls but they They have also benefited from teams that completely collapse at the under 4 timeout. Despite the FT numbers West Virginia was was right there to win it. But they decided to run the Carter dribble for 25 sec and then go make a play while they were up 8 with 3:45 to go. Also Miles 6-9 from 3 today decides to try a jump pass instead of shooting a wide open 3 that could of give them a lead. This is why no matter what West Virginia is seeded I will never trust their team

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Agree they have benefited from calls but they They have also benefited from teams that completely collapse at the under 4 timeout. Despite the FT numbers West Virginia was was right there to win it. But they decided to run the Carter dribble for 25 sec and then go make a play while they were up 8 with 3:45 to go. Also Miles 6-9 from 3 today decides to try a jump pass instead of shooting a wide open 3 that could of give them a lead. This is why no matter what West Virginia is seeded I will never trust their team

I thought the Carter play was designed to go back to the top of the arc for a three, hence why he picked up the ball and looked that way where someone had flashed. It was just great D because the screener's defender hedged so hard denying any pass. Why they stayed away from Miles with him being the second option there is beyond me

Miles did that twice that I saw. I just find the conference comical. Texas Tech lost at Baylor (shocking) so now KU and TTU are tied. We get Texas Tech hosting KU soon for the conference regular season. I wonder who wins that one..

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Huggy finds a way to lose by not staying aggressive. Huggy wins a lot of games but always seems average to me. I love him though, he's a character.

14 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Walton is being pretty damn obnoxious tonight. No one wants to hear an UCLA love fest

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's always obnoxious, but entertaining. I think he believes every Pac whatever team deserves to be in the tourney.

8 minutes ago, iubballdude95 said:

I did not go to Kokomo High School, but I am from Kokomo.

Some good teams and players from this area.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah my senior year was the season we went to state with Balentine, Sebree, and a freshman Persons. That was a great team. Unfortunately since I graduated they've been pretty average which is unusual.

OSU's loss today means an MSU win against Illinois or an OSU loss to Rutgers ensures OSU cannot celebrate a share of the Big Ten Title on our court as MSU plays next Sunday and OSU will not know if they potentially have a share of the title until then.