Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Per Rabjohns:  NCAA source:  Expect Committee on Infractions to announce North Carolina case penalties, conclusion on Friday.

With the current embarrassment of corrupt recruiting in the news, it wouldn't seem to be a good climate for issuing a weak punishment.  But hey, it's the NCAA, they'll likely find a way!

It will be something stupid like an X games suspension for Roy and "probation" (which is essentially nothing) that will allow the Dick Vitale's of the world to complain about how Roy got hammered unfairly and he only cares about the kids, and it's punishing the current team, etc., etc., not people that did the crimes.  Which actually takes the focus off of how egregious what UNC did actually was.

Yet, in reality the penalty will amount to basically nothing. 

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The NCAA wouldn't even look into the Darrell Arthur case, and Arthur's high school had already done all the investigative work for them. They're a gutless organization that needs to be disbanded.

A lot of what ifs out there, but what if the NCAA is receiving payment from certain Universities to keep things hush hush?  How would anyone know?  I'm sure there is some kind of check and balance system somewhere but I don't know of it.  Perhaps the FBI should investigate the NCAA.

Purdoo's Jaquil Taylor, slated to be their first big off the bench, is out for at least a month with a stress fracture. This is the third straight year he will miss the start of the season with leg injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You gotta feel for the kid. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I saw Cooper Neese from Cloverdale is transferring from Butler before the season even starts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow, I really thought Butter was a perfect place for him. I had the pleasure to watch him in some of his high school games. He was so smooth and had a textbook jumper.  Now, does he have to sit out a year or semester? Does his eligibility start day 1 of the semester or first official day of practice? Somebody is going to get a steal.

Wow, I really thought Butter was a perfect place for him. I had the pleasure to watch him in some of his high school games. He was so smooth and had a textbook jumper.  Now, does he have to sit out a year or semester? Does his eligibility start day 1 of the semester or first official day of practice? Somebody is going to get a steal.

He was incredibly fun to watch in high school. I see him going to ISU. I’m not sure how the eligibility thing will work out though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app