Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Looking at Grant he is not a big ten player and he was never going to get playing time and I'm sorry to say this but sometimes kids need to hear the things they don't want to hear which is the truth. Look we all know Crean should not have given him a scholarship but at the same time he thought one thing and then got told another. While I can see his point in all of this but Miller and the rest of the coaching staff made the right decision and had to consider other players who were better than he was. 

I said from day 1 this was a mistake.  Never changed my mind and ended up more than right.  

Crean would have tried to find a way to force this to work to prove himself right but to our University's detriment.   

I do wish Grant would have stayed on as a Student but I can understand the desire to play.  

On 8/18/2017 at 7:01 PM, iufaninillinois said:

OFF TOPIC: is anyone else having problems logging in on either Tapatalk or the Btownbanners App. I cant log onto either. I even changed my password. I can log into Btownbanners on my laptop, but not either app.

Sorry for hijacking the thread

Same here.I cant log in on my android.

Crean really f'd this one up. 

In the article, Gelon's high school coach says he has plenty of D1 options. So where were they? He's not transferring to a high major, a mid major, or any major. He's going to some godforsaken State Fair community college. That tells you all you need to know. 

Gelon had one year at a basketball mecca. I'm not saying he shouldn't be upset but he had a chance to prove he belonged and didn't get it done. Plenty of unranked  guys end up on Big Ten rosters and earn playing time. Grant didn't. Time to grow up and move on. 

I have NO problem with this. Archie gave him a chance to see what he could do, but most knew he was no where near talented enough. I would have killed for his oppurtunity knowing that Ancila where I played at isn't much worse than where he is going now. He had zero D1 interest. Kid is bitter and is gonna say all the things he can about us and Archie. He was Crean's guy. I wouldn't blame any coach for this with any player. He was still going to allow him to keep his scholly and go to school. What is the problem?

In the meeting Gelon told the new staff he deserved and felt he should of gotten more playing time last year(nothing wrong wih him feeling that way) CAM told him he didn't see that happening.  He asked for release to see what other major  programs would be interested.   No D1, D2, or even really good NAIA teams were interested so he went to State Fair community college.  This is all from a post by Rabjohns   

Seems he (and his parents) are griping about the way it was handled. It's not realistic they are going to publicly agree that Grant was in over his head. As others mentioned, all he did was take advantage of an opportunity. 

I suspect that no matter what they wouldn't be happy with the situation, which is totally understandable, but not really "news".