Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Bryce Aiken came up huge down the stretch to beat Houston on the road. Good win for Harvard, but never saw Devin on the court? Only watched the last 7 minutes. Always nice to see Sampson lose!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Last game I watched of his devin cut his hand on the rim and had to get 6 stitches. He might still be out with that injury

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

What gets worse is when you start getting death threats from people who don't know you so much so that you have to turn off your Instagram comments. Look he made a mistake and he owned up to it and yes Coach K has plan for how this is going work. 

Olivia. He was getting the same people telling him they wished he would die before this incident. That is life in the limelight and stupid people on social media. The difference is now he is getting made fun of. He can blame it on death threats but he is getting no more than Laettner in the early 90s. He is now the most hated Duke player in history by his own doing. He made this situation. Now he has to live with the ridicule. His thin skin has caused him to trip 3 different players. You don't do that. I don't care how much you apologize. It becomes pretty hollow after a while. In my lifetime I can say I have never seen something so consistently stupid from a player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Olivia. He was getting the same people telling him they wished he would die before this incident. That is life in the limelight and stupid people on social media. The difference is now he is getting made fun of. He can blame it on death threats but he is getting no more than Laettner in the early 90s. He is now the most hated Duke player in history by his own doing. He made this situation. Now he has to live with the ridicule. His thin skin has caused him to trip 3 different players. You don't do that. I don't care how much you apologize. It becomes pretty hollow after a while. In my lifetime I can say I have never seen something so consistently stupid from a player.

I know some are going to say that it is no different than the other times it has happened but after the third time death threats are necessary don't make a person feel more worse than they already do. We all make mistakes and from time to time we let our emotions get the best of us no we're all not going to react in the fashion that he did we are not all perfect. 

I know some are going to say that it is no different than the other times it has happened but after the third time death threats are necessary don't make a person feel more worse than they already do. We all make mistakes and from time to time we let our emotions get the best of us no we're all not going to react in the fashion that he did we are not all perfect. 

We all do make mistakes. We learn from them. Once is a mistake. Three times is not a mistake. I agree people shouldn't do death threats over a game. Same as doing them to Crean or saying things to his kid in high school. People are idiots. But Allen did not make a mistake. It's the type of person he is.

On 12/22/2016 at 9:03 PM, OliviaPope40 said:

“I will tell you this,” Krzyzewski said. “These are manageable things that happened. It’s not like he committed rape, sexual assault, robbed somebody. Those are heinous, heinous acts.

What a joke with that quote.  Naming some of the worst acts known to man in attempt to make tripping seem less harmful.

K, your player is a selfish, spoiled brat who throws tantrums and takes anger out on other players.  Something tells me Grayson Allen is the kind of kid who will poke at you all game long, get under your skin, and the minute you snap he'll run and hide behind his bigger friends.  He's a *****.

Death threats are way too far but he would be getting them whether he tripped people or not.

It wasn't a mistake and he didn't really own up to it either. The pity party that kid throws is pathetic and if he does it again I hope he gets blasted in the face by whoever he trips.

Do remember that after all it is Christmas Eve and tomorrow is Christmas Day and so tonight and tomorrow we put down the pitch forks, put aside our differences, and be with the ones we want to be with and know that after these two days this isn't going anywhere.

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

With all due respect, this Grayson Allen thing isn't that serious.

The kid is a brat. He's young. He has life by the horns. He let his competitive nature get the best of him at least 3 times. His coach is a pompous enabler that the NCAA has helped create.

Grayson needs to mature by light years and maybe this public scrutiny will advance that.

It should by the way.

But, the reality is, his slap on the wrist suspension isn't that big of deal and shouldn't affect your day to day.

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Wayne I like you I always have and I respect your opinion. 

This has become the weirdest GD thread on the entire site.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it."
- Benjamin Franklin

Just thought I'd keep the quote train runnin'