Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Alford is definitely on the hot seat. They trade coaches at UCLA lately about as often as the weather changes here in Indiana. Whatever happens--he got his chance to coach at a blueblood.  He just didn't perform. If he gets another chance there---I hope he makes the most of it next year.  No offense, but the PAC-12 is so overrated I can't figure out how he can't win out there with all that talent he's assembled. Come on Stevie--we're rooting for you.

Alford is definitely on the hot seat. They trade coaches at UCLA lately about as often as the weather changes here in Indiana. Whatever happens--he got his chance to coach at a blueblood.  He just didn't perform. If he gets another chance there---I hope he makes the most of it next year.  No offense, but the PAC-12 is so overrated I can't figure out how he can't win out there with all that talent he's assembled. Come on Stevie--we're rooting for you.

First off, you have to protect your home court.  Did you watch any UCLA games?  A few of their games looked like they were lucky to have a few thousand butts in the seats. 

REPORT: Memphis Investigating Conflict-of-Interest Allegations Stemming from Pastner and Athletic Director Sharing Same Agent

According to The Commercial Appeal, University of Memphis President M. David Rudd has launched an investigation into conflict-of-interest allegations surrounding basketball coach Josh Pastner, AD Tom Bowen, and the agent that they shared.

Rudd issued the following statement today: “The University of Memphis has been made aware of the accusations, and in accordance with University and TBR (Tennessee Board of Regent) policies, will immediately launch a comprehensive investigation.  The University is in the process of retaining an outside source to conduct the review. Upon completion, a public statement will be made concerning the findings.”

The Commercial Appeal reported that Joey McCutchen’s NextLevel Sports agency represented Bowen while he was athletic director at San Jose State and arranged Bowen’s hiring at the U of M in 2012.  Bowen was responsible for negation Pastner’s monster contract back in 2013.

The complete article can be found HERE.