Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Theo Pinson stats today:

Started, played 25 minutes

2 pts

4 rebounds

3 TOs

4 fouls

He hasn't lived up to 5* rating at all so far, granted he's only a sophomore.  He's only shooting about 35% for his career.  I really wanted this kid when he came out of high school too.

Me too, thought for sure he would be solid

Theo Pinson stats today:

Started, played 25 minutes
2 pts
4 rebounds
3 TOs
4 fouls

He hasn't lived up to 5* rating at all so far, granted he's only a sophomore. He's only shooting about 35% for his career. I really wanted this kid when he came out of high school too.

Fully agree. Pinson was in the mold of Troy Williams as far as his athleticism being freakish but his BB fundamentals being behind. He could of used a school that would have developed him. I can honestly say and feel we would have been better for him. But it was going to be a process either way. And yes he is one of the examples of an underperforming 5 stars for sure.

Somewhat related, but does anyone think Illinois should go after Cuonzo Martin for their next head coach?

He's obviously a Big 10 guy and an Illinois native, and I don't think him being a Boiler would matter.  If I were their next AD, I'd throw the bank at him unless there's some bad history between Martin and UI that I don't know about.