Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

After watching Trimble, DSR, Valentine, Ulis, Murray tonight I am left with the thought we don't have a clutch player that thrives in tight competition late in games. Should be Yogi, but he comes up short more often than not.

Edit- I REALLY like Yogi. Just sayin'

Yeah, I'll bet on that. All these guys are great but so if Yogi. 

Yogi is crazy clutch. I think the "elaborate" really meant "when specifically?"

are u kidding? Have you watched the past 2 seasons? Missed front ends of free throws. Missed jumpers for ties and wins.

Yogi is our most clutch player no doubt but I hope this is the year it turns into W's and winning plays. I am referring to final parts of games.

are u kidding? Have you watched the past 2 seasons? Missed front ends of free throws. Missed jumpers for ties and wins.

Yogi is our most clutch player no doubt but I hope this is the year it turns into W's and winning plays. I am referring to final parts of games.

I think you're just looking at missed free throws which is bad. But as far as clutch shots I feel I can match you makes for misses.

I think you're just looking at missed free throws which is bad. But as far as clutch shots I feel I can match you makes for misses.

idk, general play. Forced shots. Bad shot selection. Turnovers, shaky free throw shooting in the stretch.

Granted he has made some big shots but for two years the ball is in his hand for end of game scenarios. He's had a ton of opportunities. Not consistently clutch.

This is the year!

idk, general play. Forced shots. Bad shot selection. Turnovers, shaky free throw shooting in the stretch.

Granted he has made some big shots but for two years the ball is in his hand for end of game scenarios. He's had a ton of opportunities. Not consistently clutch.

This is the year!

I'm just going to say nobody is consistently clutch but sure I hope he improves in that area as well.

Valentine is a special talent. Triple double threat every game, and he's somehow projected to go late 2nd round-undrafted in all these mock drafts. I won't be shocked if he goes in the 20-30 range next June. Would love for my Pacers to pick him up. His dad's a turd though.

Valentine is a special talent. Triple double threat every game, and he's somehow projected to go late 2nd round-undrafted in all these mock drafts. I won't be shocked if he goes in the 20-30 range next June. Would love for my Pacers to pick him up. His dad's a turd though.

Kind of an odd ball, not really athletic enough for his size, probably why not projected to really do much in the pros.

I was at the game. Maryland fans are legit and some of the most creative with chants, etc. The arena is really nice too.

As for the game, Robert Carter is legit. Might be their best player. Reminds me of Antawn Jamison. Trimble is a bit overrated, but is still a great college player. Even the Maryland fans I was with get annoyed at all the calls Trimble gets and all his flopping.

The real difference for Maryland is Suiliamon is a real calming influence on the court with his experience, and then something they have that we don't is legit size behind Stone. They're almost better with Dodd and Check in.

Negatives are that they have no real backup point guard, and that playing a bigger lineup (Laymen at the 3) is messing them up a bit. It's turned them into more of a halfcourt team, when with Trimble you really want to get out and run.

Will be interesting, they're extremely talented and deep, but I don't think quite as good as top 3-5.

Dakich is such a ******.

I've never been in the Xfinity center though, anyone know how it is? I loved Cole Field House. I watched the 2002 Championship game in there.

Valentine is a special talent. Triple double threat every game, and he's somehow projected to go late 2nd round-undrafted in all these mock drafts. I won't be shocked if he goes in the 20-30 range next June. Would love for my Pacers to pick him up. His dad's a turd though.

No thanks

Not all that great an athlete. Probably wouldn't amount to much more than a back up in the NBA. Don't need back ups, need guys who can become starters

Amen. People want to compare him to the Draymond, but Draymond is in the NBA because he has a couple of inches on Valentine and because of his excellent shooting. Valentine is undersized to play the 3 in the NBA and too slow to play the 2. Great college player none the less

This is the year!

No player, is consistently clutch. Jordan and Lebron statistically... thats about it. I think you are only focusing on the missed shots. Alos, you cant only consider shots alone. 

How about;

the 3 to send IU into overtime against Butler (Frosh year)

altering Morgans final putback attempt to win the B1G (Frosh year)

The 2 shots he hit against Wisconsin to take the lead and seal the deal  (soph year)

The 2 3's at the end of regulation to get us into overtime against Georgetown (junior year)

Keeping us in the game late against Wichita. (Junior)

I KNOW I'm missing some more examples of his clutch gene.

It's sad but Yogi Ferrell is in the AJ Guyton category. Far better than his own fans gave him credit for.

I give him tons of credit. Love him as a player and loved AJ too. Those are some good examples but I can think of many others that didn't end well. Not always the final shot but he's missed his share of those too. I think this is the year he starts making those plays. The missed free throws at end of game scenario is sometimes the most glaring because statistically he makes those.

Those players last night that I named absolutely took over.

I give him tons of credit. Love him as a player and loved AJ too. Those are some good examples but I can think of many others that didn't end well. Not always the final shot but he's missed his share of those too. I think this is the year he starts making those plays. The missed free throws at end of game scenario is sometimes the most glaring because statistically he makes those.

Those players last night that I named absolutely took over.

You can think of many examples because you watch every game.
Yogi Ferrell is clutch and a work horse. Please stop.