Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

I guess that's me. It's a private drug test. It may inspire whomever is overseeing his probation to administer one of their own, but on it's own it shouldn't affect anything. 
I mentioned in another thread that I was going to write about Crean's contract from a legal perspective, but now i want to give this a day or two to percolate. I did not expect another big thing like this so quickly. The short version is, yes, I think that with this there is likely "cause". I can't imagine what will happen to the program if it's exercised, but a lot of the "grey" that I would have wiggled in is gone.

So in other words long story short without another long diatribe, you agree IU has cause to send him packing. You came around a lot sooner than many others here. It seems finally the excuses may stop.

Yes I am on here but I ain't in Indiana! So thank you for leaving me and my family out of this! I can't control what my son does when he is in someone else's hands. NO, I DONT LIKE WHAT HAPPENED AND I HAVE EXPRESSED MY FEELINGS ABOUT THE SITUATION TO MY SON AND THATS ALL I CAN SAY. Guys make mistakes but in the end, Troy is the one that has to suffer about his mistake. But I can tell you this. MY SON DID NOT PUT A BLOUNT OR A JOINT TO HIS MOUTH. BUT THATS ALL I CAN SAY. "In the wrong place at the wrong time and with the wrong PEOPLE will get you f'ed up in the end." Everyone that smiles in your face and pats you on your back AINT YOUR FRIEND!! He knows now so while yall folks are putting him down, think about your own past. I know everyone on this blog or whatever it's called, ain't been no angel or saint since you been born. This is on Troy and he is the one who has to live with on his head, not yall. But I feel like this, since he had to learn the hard way, I'm just glad it was now, instead of later. So go ahead and say what you want because I know you all will, just leave my name out my name out your mouths. Thank you

Do you guys think this will affect Stan's current legal situation? Smoking weed while on probation would be a probation violation, but would it hold up since the drug test was administered by IU's athletic department and not Monroe County?

I sincerely thank you for your comment. If you know me, and most of y'all should, I don't stand for any drug use at all!! And my so knows this, this is old news to the family. This happened a while back and I went TOTALLY off I my son. So now DO I HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING WITH "SUPPOSE TO BE GROWN FOLKS" because I can! Not a problem with it. But for that guy TO's racist remark, was ugly and no cause for it. When I think off all of you and the whole IU the colors I see is INDIANA HOOSIERS COLORS and a fan base that loves IU as I do. I think I might just stay off of here because now I am feeling some type of way and it isn't pretty

I sincerely thank you for your comment. If you know me, and most of y'all should, I don't stand for any drug use at all!! And my so knows this, this is old news to the family. This happened a while back and I went TOTALLY off I my son. So now DO I HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING WITH "SUPPOSE TO BE GROWN FOLKS" because I can! Not a problem with it. But for that guy TO's racist remark, was ugly and no cause for it. When I think off all of you and the whole IU the colors I see is INDIANA HOOSIERS COLORS and a fan base that loves IU as I do. I think I might just stay off of here because now I am feeling some type of way and it isn't pretty

Get lost. Seriously, people like you make me sick to my stomach. You come on here to call people who you have no idea where their heart or motivation is and feel it is cool to say stuff like this. You're straight scum with comments like this. Sorry mods, but this is the type of crap I can't stand

I'll add in, that we aren't solely judged based on the mistakes we make in our lives. If we were I'd be beyond screwed in my short 22 years of life

Gregg Doyel from the Indy Star went pretty easy on Crean on his article a few days ago (in my opinion) - mostly calling out the players and telling them they were going to get him fired if they didn't stop.  Sounds like Doyel is done with Crean now, though per Twitter:

"I just wrote 700 words on Crean. Will post ASAP. Tom, if you're done being arrogant on the radio, don't read it. Won't make you happy."

(I suck at linking, but it's from http://twitter.com/GreggDoyelStar)

Really not surprised. Didn't both fail tests last year with little to no punishment? How much should we take as Indiana fans before enough is enough. Some saw the writing on the wall a long time ago; others are just seeing it now. Just shameful which is what I have said at about everything related to this coach.

YES!