Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Stan and Troy suspended for failed drug tests..

I've been cheering for Crean to succeed harder than most. High character guy who bought into Indiana and everything it stood for. But it's over. Blame whoever you want, his players just guaranteed he will not have an opportunity to succeed at Indiana this year or ever again. This is the worst part of being an optimist; literally everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Murphy's Law.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do. Sad fact is the campus has turned on the basketball team. Everyone loves IU ball but it's generally accepted that they are shitty people.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Nailed it. Rob and Tim are pretty good guys, but the other players I've been around are pretty insuferable. Some worse than others. One worst of all lol.

@CodyZeller: As an IUBB player you're held to a higher standard. You can't be a normal college kid but you get the privilege of wearing the candy stripes

I agree with Cody wearing the candy stripes is a privilege and not a right. 

Oh my lord...the suspensions include the exhibition games. That is a slap on the wrist! Can't take it anymore...Crean has lost the team!

I had a hunch that would be the case the moment I heard 4 games without any detail.

Yes I am on here but I ain't in Indiana! So thank you for leaving me and my family out of this! I can't control what my son does when he is in someone else's hands. NO, I DONT LIKE WHAT HAPPENED AND I HAVE EXPRESSED MY FEELINGS ABOUT THE SITUATION TO MY SON AND THATS ALL I CAN SAY. Guys make mistakes but in the end, Troy is the one that has to suffer about his mistake. But I can tell you this. MY SON DID NOT PUT A BLOUNT OR A JOINT TO HIS MOUTH. BUT THATS ALL I CAN SAY. "In the wrong place at the wrong time and with the wrong PEOPLE will get you f'ed up in the end." Everyone that smiles in your face and pats you on your back AINT YOUR FRIEND!! He knows now so while yall folks are putting him down, think about your own past. I know everyone on this blog or whatever it's called, ain't been no angel or saint since you been born. This is on Troy and he is the one who has to live with on his head, not yall. But I feel like this, since he had to learn the hard way, I'm just glad it was now, instead of later. So go ahead and say what you want because I know you all will, just leave my name out my name out your mouths. Thank you!

I'm not buying the highlighted. It always hurts worse when it hits home.

We will all be here long after these guys graduate/transfer. The team doesn't belong to them. They belong to the program. Maybe they don't understand that. Glad the former players are telling them how it is. We suffered through too much for this all to crumble again. I'm sure the drug testers were just out to get Troy and Stan right? I'll have what you're having. 

So are you saying "WHITE PEOPLE DONT GET IN TROUBLE?" WOW you whoever you are, just took this whole thing to another level!! That's ugly and you just don't know. They get in trouble also, but it's not said because it's their first time. So if you don't know it all I really advise you to apologize for that awful and non-intelligent remark! The thing is BTOWN BANNER let you say that. I haven't respect for this blog any longer. SMDH

Nailed it. Rob and Tim are pretty good guys, but the other players I've been around are pretty insuferable. Some worse than others. One worst of all lol.

Tim and Jeremiah are in my psych class and I sat next to them the first day. I can come away from that saying Tim is a great character guy. And he busts his ass taking notes and participating in class.
The other times I've seen players or heard stories leave me with not such favorable impressions of the guys.
IMO every team is gonna have some players that are assholes, but when almost all the players are legitimately the butt of jokes on yik yak and in big lecture classes, there's a problem

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners