Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

Side note from DD. Bowling Green beat Michigan in their Super Secret Scrimmage!

Michigan will be very good but this is surprising news.

Definitely surprising. The MAC vs. the Big Ten in basketball is like the Sun Belt vs. the SEC in football. 

Praying for Devin, along with virtually everyone else here. From the very little bit of info we're getting, it almost seems like Devin stepped into the path of the car more so than Holt, in an altered state, ran over him.

Regardless, this needs to be a focal turning point for Crean. It's time for him to grow a pair (get a transplant from Knight if necessary) and lay a 'this is how it is" speech on the team . . . and back it up regardless of who the next offender happens to be (Yogi, Troy, whomever). For now, come down hard on Holt (even if it's more Devin's fault than his) -- not to the point of kicking the kid off the team, but a significant suspension and a promise of "you gone" for stepping out of line again. It's time to set an example.

This has to be the point -- that camel-back-breaking-straw -- at which Crean gains control of the program and its players or he's going up in flames. Surely he recognizes this. If he doesn't, I hope he's reading these posts.

The long-term ramification here is that we are one big man less than we were before it happened. Behind Hanner, we had no "guys with size" with experience beyond DD. Our depth has taken a significant hit, and we are left to wonder when (or if) Devin will be able to return this year. Or how effective he can be if he does return. We desperately need him for the Big Ten season.

I've posted this elsewhere, but wanted to get it out on here as well. 

In light of the recent police report, which indicated that Devin had been drinking, there is still an issue that not many are discussing. 

1. Why was Devin being dropped off at the stadium, if he had also been drinking? Could he have been getting his car? Obviously we do not know his BAC, so he could have been very low as well, but still raises some additional questions. 

2. Are the players living in a dorm that is close to the stadium? Could this just have been where he asked to be dropped off? 

Just seems like a strange place to drop someone off who had been drinking. 

Also, look at the possible recruiting ramifications...Parents are considering sending their kids to IU...They are trusting Crean to take care of their kids.....and parent worth a crap would be taking another look at the program after something like this..

Also, look at the possible recruiting ramifications...Parents are considering sending their kids to IU...They are trusting Crean to take care of their kids.....and parent worth a crap would be taking another look at the program after something like this..

I agree I thought of this as well. Posters ok n here were thst certain posts can hurt recruiting but often dont say anything about things like this hurting it

I've posted this elsewhere, but wanted to get it out on here as well. 

In light of the recent police report, which indicated that Devin had been drinking, there is still an issue that not many are discussing. 

1. Why was Devin being dropped off at the stadium, if he had also been drinking? Could he have been getting his car? Obviously we do not know his BAC, so he could have been very low as well, but still raises some additional questions. 

2. Are the players living in a dorm that is close to the stadium? Could this just have been where he asked to be dropped off? 

Just seems like a strange place to drop someone off who had been drinking. 

The freshmen players live in Briscoe, right across the street from the stadium.  However, Devin, along with the other non-freshmen players, lives in the Union Street Apartments along 10th street.  I have to make the trek from there for all the basketball/football games (unless I get lucky and have a ride) and it's a good 20+ minute walk... So, I feel confident in saying that whatever the reason he was dropped off at the stadium, it wasn't to walk 20 minutes back to his room at 1:00 in the morning on a freezing cold Halloween night.

If thats the case then no kid would go play for Sampson, Pearl, or any coach that has cheated. Or no kid would go to a school that has been in trouble in the past. I don't think the kids and parents care as much as people think. UConn was put on probation a few years ago, and the players kept coming and they won a championship the year after being on probation

As a PR person by trade, and one that did PR in professional sports for 5 years, that's a terribly worded statement. I'm sure the media relations staff wrote that for him, and all it does is raise more confusion than anything.

I still don't get this. He is being blamed because Davis was drunk and tried to jump onto his car???

I still don't get this. He is being blamed because Davis was drunk and tried to jump onto his car???

Eh, I'm sure PR people had their own hand in writing some of that. And it was not going to go over well if he came out and said, "I feel bad, but it was Devin's fault."