Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iufbfan19

Stop with the fire Wilson nonsense

Honestly a guy like Jerry Kill is the kind of coaching profile I'd look for the next time we are looking for a new coach.  A guy with a proven, winning track record at multiple football programs.  The last time IU actually hired a head football coach with such a background was Bill Mallory and well, I'd say that ended up being a great hire even if the success didn't last as long as we'd like.  Which I'd argue was due to the athletic department not making investments in the program and facilities when the iron was hot.  But 6 bowl games in 8 years plus sniffing upper Big Ten contention a couple of times, heck that looks like a juicy steak after the lackluster teams we have seen the last 20 years. 

Obviously anything could happen but I'm just not sold we can snag anyone better to play coach here at IU at the end of the day. Improvement seems to be happening each year so just let it be. I'm completely happy with just being middle of the road for now and it looked like we had that build until the qb fiasco or circus began.

Obviously anything could happen but I'm just not sold we can snag anyone better to play coach here at IU at the end of the day. Improvement seems to be happening each year so just let it be. I'm completely happy with just being middle of the road for now and it looked like we had that build until the qb fiasco or circus began.

Not to pick nits, but....  You and I have a different definition of being middle of the road.  I would agree that we were moving there, but I don't think we were there yet... 

I do think Wilson can get us there, but IMO he has this year and next year to do it.  If he doesn't make a bowl next year.  I think he will be gone.

Not to pick nits, but.... You and I have a different definition of being middle of the road. I would agree that we were moving there, but I don't think we were there yet...

I do think Wilson can get us there, but IMO he has this year and next year to do it. If he doesn't make a bowl next year. I think he will be gone.

Sorry, I wasn't really clear. I also believe that is where we were headed.

Nothing to do with Wilson, but touching on something we discussed earlier in this thread...

Over the last few days, I heard the following comments on social media when discussing other sports/teams: "If you're a true fan, you're happy with what you have in the present" and "Being a fan means showing loyalty to those in charge." 

Some people...

According to Wilson, because the rule is that players sit after a fumble.

Just returned from the big house. If anyone says Wilson has this program headed in the right direction, they are deceiving themselves. Today showed the utter lack of skill on the coach's part in teaching the skills and laying out strategy to beat a less than mediocre opponent. Examples; second quarter failed flea-flicker, third quarter, Coleman lined up at quarterback, time out In first half because offense did not get play in time to avoid delay, two hurried plays on the first series of the third quarter that resulted in two Coleman dive plays to the left that failed miserably. Let's ditch the trick plays and teach our team tackling, passing, receiving, and blocking.
Michigan fans were laughing at our play calls even more than they booed their own!
Please Glass, if you are reading this, spare IU the humiliation of another season with Coach Buffoon at the helm!

The announcers got that wrong. Coleman was benched after his second fumble in the first quarter. He didn't lose the first one.

What? Did you mean to quote my post? The announcers didn't say anything, Coach Wilson said it either going into the locker room or coming out of it. 

What? Did you mean to quote my post? The announcers didn't say anything, Coach Wilson said it either going into the locker room or coming out of it. 

The announcers/sideline reporter (don't remember who) said that Coleman was benched for the fumble and that CKW has a one fumble rule for his RBs, but he was benched after the second one.

The announcers/sideline reporter (don't remember who) said that Coleman was benched for the fumble and that CKW has a one fumble rule for his RBs, but he was benched after the second one.

I don't know what to tell you. In Wilson's halftime interview Wilson himself said that Coleman was benched for the fumble and that it has been a longtime rule that you're benched when you fumble.

I don't know what to tell you. In Wilson's halftime interview Wilson himself said that Coleman was benched for the fumble and that it has been a longtime rule that you're benched when you fumble.

Except that he wasn't benched after the first fumble.

Except that he wasn't benched after the first fumble.

It's likely that Wilson didn't even notice the first fumble lost.

IIRC, an IU lineman dove on the ball immediately after the ball came out and neither the Michigan players or the refs made a big deal about the ball being out.

Just returned from the big house. If anyone says Wilson has this program headed in the right direction, they are deceiving themselves. Today showed the utter lack of skill on the coach's part in teaching the skills and laying out strategy to beat a less than mediocre opponent. Examples; second quarter failed flea-flicker, third quarter, Coleman lined up at quarterback, time out In first half because offense did not get play in time to avoid delay, two hurried plays on the first series of the third quarter that resulted in two Coleman dive plays to the left that failed miserably. Let's ditch the trick plays and teach our team tackling, passing, receiving, and blocking.
Michigan fans were laughing at our play calls even more than they booed their own!
Please Glass, if you are reading this, spare IU the humiliation of another season with Coach Buffoon at the helm!

Guess that all sounds good, but in our present QB situation we are kinda scrambling with trick plays looking for something that will work. Our WR situation is not great (or even good) this year, and with a QB that should not have had a start for at least another year or two, its pretty much try anything time. As good as our RB's are, you can't just do a straight up run every play, you got to mix something up in there. 

Guess that all sounds good, but in our present QB situation we are kinda scrambling with trick plays looking for something that will work. Our WR situation is not great (or even good) this year, and with a QB that should not have had a start for at least another year or two, its pretty much try anything time. As good as our RB's are, you can't just do a straight up run every play, you got to mix something up in there.

Yeah not real sure how to feel. Nate getting hurt was unfortunate but he did not look great before that. None of the backups have looked ready.

TC has been incredible to be leading the country with such an inept offense around him.

I think the line from Hoosiers works well here. "I am trying real hard to believe you know what you're doing here".

How is Hoke only 10?! He's done after this season. Everyone knows it

Last week, Muschamp was #1, Hoke was #2, and Wilson was #3.

If you look at the list, its probably an algorithm of age, contract, career record, and record with your current school.

Sumlin from aTm is #5 because he makes $5 mil and isn't 9-1.