Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
FKfootball

Fed up.

On a side note---most fans from other schools have great respect for IU's basketball tradition and are always ready to talk hoops in a positive and respectful manner.  Wish some in our own fan base would do the same. We have a great history and it's time to write the next chapter!  Go Hoosiers!

You think our fans are having a difficult time. You should hear the Gator fans right now. They lost big time this weekend to Missouri at Homecoming. During the game the fans were chanting to fire Coach Muschamp.  Gator football fans hate losing as much as Hoosier basketball fans do. Gainesville isn't a very happy town right now.  

You think our fans are having a difficult time. You should hear the Gator fans right now. They lost big time this weekend to Missouri at Homecoming. During the game the fans were chanting to fire Coach Muschamp.  Gator football fans hate losing as much as Hoosier basketball fans do. Gainesville isn't a very happy town right now.

Yep and it puts things in perspective those who think our fans our bad. Its not even close

I started at IU with Mallory. First year was tough but by year three we were bowling. A few shots at winning the BT during his time. Most of the years we made it to a mid tier bowl and had some success.
Willing to give a little bit of time to Wilson but this year is shaping up to be a big disappointment. Really prefer we set up the non conference games with more winnable games initially. Once he has the program established we can need that up as needed.

1987 was a great year beating Ohio State and Michigan. Tied for B1G champs but lost to Wisconsin for Rose Bowl honors if I remember correctly.

1987 was a great year beating Ohio State and Michigan. Tied for B1G champs but lost to Wisconsin for Rose Bowl honors if I remember correctly.

We borrowed a friends family RV and road tripped up to East Lansing for the game. Had we won we would have gone to the road bowl. Well we lost but it was a great weekend.

We borrowed a friends family RV and road tripped up to East Lansing for the game. Had we won we would have gone to the road bowl. Well we lost but it was a great weekend.

I got to know Schell(rip), Van Waiters and Ernie Jones from that team. I didn't know it at the time, but it will be remembered as the best year ever at IU in revenue sports. What an exciting year. I froze my butt off at the Michigan game, but beating them was a really special moment. Watching the jucos of Smart and Garrett jell with Alford, Thomas and company was equally rewarding. Live for the moment all you IU students!

I got to know Schell(rip), Van Waiters and Ernie Jones from that team. I didn't know it at the time, but it will be remembered as the best year ever at IU in revenue sports. What an exciting year. I froze my butt off at the Michigan game, but beating them was a really special moment. Watching the jucos of Smart and Garrett jell with Alford, Thomas and company was equally rewarding. Live for the moment all you IU students!

It was a great year to be a Senior!!  :)

That was my A-core year. It started off poorly. I lived off campus and my car broke early in the semester. I had to walk 25 mins to campus for 8am class and stayed most days till the library kicked our a-core small group out 11?. Then I got mono. Still had to walk in to campus during winter. Then my girlfriend sent me the old dear john letter. Those walks were really long and cold and dark.

But football and basketball and I think soccer were all really good and it was a great year. Good thing the important things were going well!

I think it might have been the first time beating them both in the same season. And it seems like 35 and 40 years respectively since beating each or some extreme length of time like that.

That was my A-core year. It started off poorly. I lived off campus and my car broke early in the semester. I had to walk 25 mins to campus for 8am class and stayed most days till the library kicked our a-core small group out 11?. Then I got mono. Still had to walk in to campus during winter. Then my girlfriend sent me the old dear john letter. Those walks were really long and cold and dark.

But football and basketball and I think soccer were all really good and it was a great year. Good thing the important things were going well!

Had Ken and Steve Snow around then for soccer and the teams were damn good

I knew AT from those teams. He lived 3 doors down when I, ahem, worked at McNutt. I started January '88 so just missed the title run as a student.

87 was a great time to be on campus---IU football was special that year and AT was something to see.

I  remember playing BBall against Van Waiters in the HYPER---our dorm team played the football team----we got smoked!  Hope the current IU students (and us oldies) get to experience more glory days like that again soon!

I lived behind frat row my senior year think it was street behind third and also walked to many business classes. I distinctly remember those cold mornings with snow on the ground. Thankfully, I had a wool coat that went to my ankles that kept me warm. I certainly don't miss the Indiana winters even in Bloomington.

Good memories schoosier---I was always amazed at how windy it was in Btown---especially when walking between the buildings which acted like a wind tunnel.  Saw a lot of umbrellas get turned inside out by that wind! 

Yeah. It got pretty rough between the Hyper and Fine Arts.