Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevil

Sudfeld out for the season

I don't think CKW is as concerned about protecting Zander's RS as he is in just protecting Zander. The kid came in at 170lbs and from what I've seen, he ain't much more than that now. 170 can work if you got moves like Wynn, not so much when you're standing in the pocket.

I don't think CKW is as concerned about protecting Zander's RS as he is in just protecting Zander. The kid came in at 170lbs and from what I've seen, he ain't much more than that now. 170 can work if you got moves like Wynn, not so much when you're standing in the pocket.

Speaking of Wynn.... I really like him as a player but man this year has been rough. Drops.... Lacking separation on the outside....Fearful of returning punts......He deserved better as a Senior..

Hope he has a great 2nd half.

I blame the coaching staff for putting him outside. Should've never left the slot!

So does Wilson get a pass on the season? 

Not in my book. We have no real backup QB on the roster. How does that happen? Other than Missouri, this team hasn't played any different than last season minus the running game. No one gave Lynch this many seasons without a bowl. CKW shouldn't be an exception. 

Not in my book. We have no real backup QB on the roster. How does that happen? Other than Missouri, this team hasn't played any different than last season minus the running game. No one gave Lynch this many seasons without a bowl. CKW shouldn't be an exception. 

You are right about not giving Lynch this many seasons without a bowl but at least we can see improvement with Wilson's teams. As for Lynch, the team and recruiting was in decline season after season. Some recruits would chose playing for MAC teams as opposed to playing for IU! Now we are actually competing against some major programs for talented recruits. As for not having a backup QB, it is unfortunate but who would have guessed that Tre would leave? I trust the coaches when they say Covington is the best option we have. Now, if next season we don't see improvement on all facets of the game, then we can start speculating whether we should replace Wilson or not.

He had a pass this season no matter what.  IU was not going to make a change after this year.  

This is the year that determines how warm his seat is next year. 

Why wouldn't we go with Cameron here?? Isn't he the better option or am I missing something? Coming out of HS he seems to be better than Covington on paper anyway. I don't follow football as close so I may be way off here??

Why wouldn't we go with Cameron here?? Isn't he the better option or am I missing something? Coming out of HS he seems to be better than Covington on paper anyway. I don't follow football as close so I may be way off here??

I wonder that too. I've not heard Cameron mentioned by anyone yet? Any story, besides "Covington's Arm Strength"?

The 2015 schedule is tailor-made for a bowl game. Florida International, Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky at home. Wake Forest on the road. If we aren't at least 3-1 after those games then Wilson shouldn't be allowed to coach the conference slate. 

Thank goodness! Let's get IU football to a bowl game please! The players deserve and want it and IU fans would appreciate it.

Do people think we were even a bowl team with Sudfeld? I question it, he had some good moments this year, but then he would turn right around just to look awful.... Maryland and really against Iowa he didn't look good. He gives us a better chance than Covington, but that doesn't mean much to me right now. 

I really haven't seen Sudfeld grow as a QB as I had hoped to. At this stage of his career he should be looking at all options when dropping back but I swear he always eyes his target from the snap. I have a hard time imagining this wasn't being addressed in practice. He also seems to float his passes. Rarely do we see a bullet being thrown by him. Color me disappointed with his progress or lack thereof.

Based on the record to this point even with Sudfeld I didn't expect a bowl game this year, but with the aforementioned preconference 2015 schedule, I'm hopeful for next year. Unfortunately being in the East division with all of those football factories makes it very difficult.

I really haven't seen Sudfeld grow as a QB as I had hoped to. At this stage of his career he should be looking at all options when dropping back but I swear he always eyes his target from the snap. I have a hard time imagining this wasn't being addressed in practice. He also seems to float his passes. Rarely do we see a bullet being thrown by him. Color me disappointed with his progress or lack thereof.

Same here. Dude still doesn't seem to understand a zone defense. I feel like I'm piling on him, but I never really got the hype some built up last year

Do people think we were even a bowl team with Sudfeld? I question it, he had some good moments this year, but then he would turn right around just to look awful.... Maryland and really against Iowa he didn't look good. He gives us a better chance than Covington, but that doesn't mean much to me right now.

I thought we could get to 6 with Suds, but agree that he looked pretty pedestrian. I'll give him a little leeway with the lack of receivers compared to last year. I really hope Covington proves us all wrong and helps find a way to get us to 6.

The 2015 schedule is tailor-made for a bowl game. Florida International, Southern Illinois and Western Kentucky at home. Wake Forest on the road. If we aren't at least 3-1 after those games then Wilson shouldn't be allowed to coach the conference slate.

Do you mean like the 2014 season? Indiana state, Bowling Green, north texas, a weak Iowa, a weak Michigan, Penn State, Rutgers and Purdue. C'mon, Wilson couldn't go .500 against half of the 5a high schools in Indiana. His clock management skills are nonexistent, and he hasn't developed an offense that can perform beyond the front-liners.
No more Wilson BS, time for the Hoosier nation to swallow its pride and admit hiring Mr. Oklahoma was a mistake!