Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevil

Sudfeld out for the season

Indiana quarterback Nate Sudfeld, who separated his left (non-throwing) shoulder in Saturday's 45-29 loss at Iowa, will require surgery and be out for the rest of the football season. Coach Kevin Wilson made the announcement Monday at his weekly news conference.

What's everyone think we do for the rest of the year? Stick with Covington, go to Diamont, try out Boudreau or Cameron? I know Wilson said something about maybe trying to prep Diamont then getting him some time later this year, but I wonder what will really happen.

Let's not forget that we have the best RB in the nation. Even if every defense stacks the box against us, he is capable of breaking the long play. One of TC's touchdowns Saturday he got bottled up, broke a few tackles and took it to the house. Hope isn't lost yet.

Let's not forget that we have the best RB in the nation. Even if every defense stacks the box against us, he is capable of breaking the long play. One of TC's touchdowns Saturday he got bottled up, broke a few tackles and took it to the house. Hope isn't lost yet.

Time for a wildcat offense!?!

Tough blow for the HOOSIERS for sure. Some of the backups will get some nice reps in. Defense really has to step up now....... hopefully!!!!

Won't matter.  Coleman is a beast, but with our Defensive problems we win at the most two more.  I see possibly Michigan, and Purdue.  

I guess my pessimism just won out.

Won't matter. Coleman is a beast, but with our Defensive problems we win at the most two more. I see possibly Michigan, and Purdue.

No I understand the pessimism completely, just reminding everyone that we have one of the best offensive weapons in the country, so there's always a chance.

Won't matter.  Coleman is a beast, but with our Defensive problems we win at the most two more.  I see possibly Michigan, and Purdue.  

If we were a well-coached team that handled adversity well, I could see us beating Michigan. But we aren't, so Purdue is likely our only chance. And even they've looked better lately with a new QB. 

What's everyone think we do for the rest of the year? Stick with Covington, go to Diamont, try out Boudreau or Cameron? I know Wilson said something about maybe trying to prep Diamont then getting him some time later this year, but I wonder what will really happen.

I say go with whoever gives you the best chance to win. 

Way to go with the easy answer...

I don't know that it is such an easy answer.  What I'm getting at is that if Covington struggles then we should look at other options.  I'm under the impression the coaching staff is more concerned about protecting a red-shirt season for other QB's at this point . If I am mistaken, so be it.

I don't know that it is such an easy answer. What I'm getting at is that if Covington struggles then we should look at other options. I'm under the impression the coaching staff is more concerned about protecting a red-shirt season for other QB's at this point . If I am mistaken, so be it.

Haha I see what you're saying now. I was just messing with you, but I 100% agree. I'd rather win, or have the best chance to win, than save someone's redshirt, even though we have a stud committed to play here next year. I've said it before, I'd lose a lot of respect for Wilson if he packs this season in.