Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Hoosier41

How's everyone doing?

I remember being so hyped when I was 16 and for Christmas my parents got me this cassette with a wire that connected to you discman, plug the cassette into your car and then you could play cd's in your car through the discman. That's old school!

I used to have one of those adapters.

2 pioneers w/a pair of 12" Orion Xtreme DVCs in a sealed box sitting in the rear seat (all pushed by a 4-channel Clarion...but hell if I remember the specs of that lol). I'm now partially deaf...dumb-ass teenagers! Yeah, I bumped.

I drove a 1969 Camaro...I couldn't hear my radio if I wanted to, but my buddies CRX...thats a whole different story...:D

Oh Sally...that girl!...know what I'm sayin'...?

If I had a '69 Camaro I could deal with not hearing the radio.

I amazingly still drive my first two cars...my Camaro and a 1990 Chevy 1500 with 750,000 miles on it...I can't let go of memories that easily...I drove my Camaro to Panama City for spring break and my Chevy went to San Diego with me in the military...drove that thing to Alaska and down southern Mea-he-co (too many times)  :drinks:....surfed the west coast and  burned the central trail home x 8. That truck seen more tail then me....literally and figuratively...so as you can see, a vehicle is a photo album,not just a means of transportation for me...kinda like IU Bloomington is just not a campus to most...OORAH 

Just wanted to drop by real quick and see how everyone has been. I apologize for my lack of presence over the previous month or two, but you could say life has caught up to me and has taken over everything I do.

Here's the run down:

1. 9/15 - Accepted new job in Richmond, VA
2. 9/30 - had PreLex surgery on my left eye
3. 10/2 - Finally listed house for sale after 2 weeks of getting it into sellable shape
4. 10/5 - House Sold
5. 10/7 - my Birthday / eye surgery on right eye
6. 10/7 - Coordinate movers and all the other fun stuff when you are moving
7. 10/14 - 2nd eye surgery on my left eye to fix a. Over rotation of the new lease...

8. Inspections, packing, moving, finding a place to live in Richmond, wrapping up job duties in Indy, learn new job stuff in Richmond.

9. Along the way get our BtownBanners app all updated and ready to go... STILL waiting on Apple to approve it...

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of other stuff, but needless to say my life has been crazy over the last month and a half!

Special shout out to all the mods and admins who have picked up my slack and I apologize to them for being gone so much. I'd like to say it will be better over the coming weeks, but I don't think that's the truth until probably Big Ten basketball season.

If anyone on the forums wants an increased role, please reach out to me at btownbanners@gmail.com and we can discuss what you are interested in.

We need for basketball:

- Game Previews
- Rapid Reactions to games
- Highlights and Video guru
- around the Big Ten update articles
- Around college Bball articles?
- Recruiting write-ups etc.

I still have plans to make this place the best IUBB site out there, just need for the other 90% of my life to chill out for a bit to make that happen.

As always, THANK YOU for coming to BtownBanners and joining our community! Without all of you this place wouldn't be anything like it is today. Our members are AWESOME and have been great at posting everything IU which has helped me get my fix in the 10-15 minutes I have a day to look after BtownBanners.

Finally- If you have any thoughts, suggestions or concerns, please don't hesitate to communicate those out to myself, the mods & admins. Feel free to share in this thread as well!

Now back to the Main point of this post... How's everyone doing?

I had surgery yesterday to get my stomach and throat stretched so I can swallow food now. Hope it works. I've been on a liquid diet for almost 8 months now but I Must say, I've lost a lot of weight. But all in all I won't complain! I'm just ready for basketball season to start. I AM SOOOOO READYYYY#GOHOOSIERS

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I had surgery yesterday to get my stomach and throat stretched so I can swallow food now. Hope it works. I've been on a liquid diet for almost 8 months now but I Must say, I've lost a lot of weight. But all in all I won't complain! I'm just ready for basketball season to start. I AM SOOOOO READYYYY#GOHOOSIERS

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Prayers sent!

I had a roommate Sr year at IU that was pre Dentristry(hope that's right). He was studying for big exam and I asked him if he was ready. He held up both hands and I saw all these algorithms, etc... written in his hands up his fingers. He said once they covered the exam section he licked his hand and erased the part he cheated on his hand til his hands were clean. Just blew my mind cause I never had the balls to attempt that as I had a neighbor at Colonial Crest get busted and he got kicked out goodbye. Maybe we should start a how did you cheat or know someone who did at IU thread. Anyways made me think of him. I've never had a root canal and wouldn't want one from him if I did. True story.

I never had a chance to cheat. Most of my exams, even Finite and Calculus, were blue book exams. The exams I could have cheated on were so in depth that writing the answers on my hands would have been more trouble than actually learning it. 

If they ran a survey---I will bet crimes of violence in Indiana are up in the 24 hours following an IU BBall loss.

It really does affect our moods---which is why we better start winning bigger this year!

Back in college I "dated" a dancer at Night Moves.  She cheered against IU because she said the place was a lot more crowded with people drinking and throwing money after losses.

People deal with losses in a lot of funny ways.

Lol this thread and cheating. I used to make cheat sheets that were super small for tests I wasn't prepared for. After making The cheat sheet I could remember exactly where on the card I put the j formation and I would never actually need it or use on the test. Started changing the way I would cram for tests. Would make elaborate extra small cheat sheets that I wouldn't even take to the test with me...

Funny how our brains work sometimes.

Lol this thread and cheating. I used to make cheat sheets that were super small for tests I wasn't prepared for. After making The cheat sheet I could remember exactly where on the card I put the j formation and I would never actually need it or use on the test. Started changing the way I would cram for tests. Would make elaborate extra small cheat sheets that I wouldn't even take to the test with me...

Funny how our brains work sometimes.

Dawg I used to type up some fine print type stuff on this tiny piece of paper with formulas and slide it between my calculator and cover and slide the cover up when I needed to look lol

Had a massage, played golf a few times, and went surfing 4 times this week.  Life is pretty good!

You live in Hawaii, surf, golf, and get massages. Why do you kill those good vibes with following IU basketball. I'm miserable