Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Ya know, there’s nothing with just saying you don’t care anything about basketball. But saying the Nuggets aren’t interesting  makes you sound like an idiot.

You would think teams would have figured out by now that playing team basketball with a system wins championships.... Warriors, Spurs, Miami, Lakers... Defense and structure wins it.

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Probably time for people to consider Jokic as the best player in the NBA 

Also probably the most purely skilled big who’s ever done it. Him or maybe Arvydas Sabonis. Not sure there’s even an argument for anyone else.

8 hours ago, Demo said:

Also probably the most purely skilled big who’s ever done it. Him or maybe Arvydas Sabonis. Not sure there’s even an argument for anyone else.

Sabonis was a brilliant player, sad that he doesnt get the recognition because his "prime" was as a pro in Lithuania and Spain. So good with Portland, but he is always a "what could have been" if he spent more time in the NBA. 

Back to Jokic, should have won 3 straight MVP but the BS excuse of "voter fatigue" got in the way. 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Ausar Thompson is getting a workout with the Pacers. If Walker is off the board and Ausar is still there at 7, I'd be ecstatic. That type of potential makes me giddy.

I have the Pacers passing on Walker and taking Ausar Thompson. Whatever happens after #2 is going to make the draft so much fun. Lots of trades could be happening.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:27 PM, Demo said:

Ya know, there’s nothing with just saying you don’t care anything about basketball. But saying the Nuggets aren’t interesting  makes you sound like an idiot.

I mean, 90% of ESPN's coverage of the NBA this year was "WHAT IS LEBRON DOING?" pr "THERE ARE  TEAMS OTHER THAN THE LAKERS??????"

I really don't buy the Brandon Miller love. I think he is fine. But people calling him a "clear franchise player" has me really confused. 

Personally I'd rather have Scoot by a mile, and I'd take Amen before Miller. I'd seriously consider Walker over him too

On 6/13/2023 at 8:31 AM, Demo said:

There’s also that thing where he mentally processes what he sees at an almost unique level. So, yeah, it’s simple for him.

Read a great story on his background recently and how his manager (who became a close friend) helped him take his unselfish, team-first approach and, against his pushback that he could be an MVP, just focus on the work as opposed to (his manager's push) becoming an MVP. Lost 10, then 20 then 30 pounds, added, to his already exceptional game (including his court vision), an elite physique. He was absolutely unstoppable this year. In my mind he's clearly the best player in the League. And maybe one of the easiest guys to root for. 

14 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Pacers signed Oscar to a two-way deal. I like it as a lottery ticket on a NPOY. 

15 years ago and he and TJD are lottery picks. Personally I believe the NBA has become a repellent to good basketball. No way a team couldn't find a spot for a dude with that kind of natural rebounding ability. How long of a career did Reggie Evans have? Dudes just set screens, rebounded and did dirty work. Not enough of those dudes in the league anymore. And Oscar has a good 15-18 ft jumper.