Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

And Spoelstra-Mazzulla might be an all-time coaching mismatch. I don’t know what Mazzulla’s doing. They’re auto-switching everything. They refuse to run a double at him. He’s letting Butler create literally any matchup he wants anywhere on the floor he wants it without Miami having to set up anything. It’s coaching malpractice. Meanwhile, Spoelstra runs a double at Tatum off of Smart every time he touches it. He’s not letting option #1 beat him. I swear to God. 

And Robert Williams playing only 23 minutes while Horford plays 29 is absolute coaching malpractice.

Five years ago? Sure. But 36 year old Al Horford doesn’t impact the game at all. 

Grant Williams hit a three with the Celtics ahead and started jawing at Jimmy Butler.
Worst idea ever.
Fat, shitty Grant hits a three and trash talks the best basketball player on the planet? Annnnnd… the best player on the planet responds with an 18-4 fourth quarter run for the win.

I just cannot with Grant Williams. He looks like an overgrown toddler. And now that makes sense after he got spanked for mouthing off to his daddy after hitting one three.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

And Robert Williams playing only 23 minutes while Horford plays 29 is absolute coaching malpractice.

Five years ago? Sure. But 36 year old Al Horford doesn’t impact the game at all. 

Because the Celtics only strategy in games is to shoot 40+ 3s. After game one the coaches idea to winning the game wasn't "we gave 124, maybe we should play some defense and not give up 46 in a quarter." It was "we need to hit more shots."

On 5/19/2023 at 9:01 AM, Demo said:

Malone is 100% correct.

This is the harsh reality of being a small-market team that's never won a title taking on an organization that's tied for the most and has won 6 this century. 

The NBA networks are sweating bullets right now at the thought of a Denver-Miami finals. 

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

This is the harsh reality of being a small-market team that's never won a title taking on an organization that's tied for the most and has won 6 this century. 

The NBA networks are sweating bullets right now at the thought of a Denver-Miami finals. 

It’s not just the Lakers its LeBron and the Lakers.

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

You’re right, no doubt, but, man, that will be a great freaking series. Denver just won on the road with a 30/5 asst/to ratio. Unbelievable. If “fans” wouldn’t love watching that team against Spoelstra and Butler, I’ve got nothin’ at all for them.. 

4 hours ago, lillurk said:

TD Garden and Staples Center make strong cases that IU can build a new basketball arena that captures what makes SSAH great.

No NBA arena captures even 1/10 of the magic that makes Assembly Hall, Cameron Indoor, of Phog Field house special. The only exception would be like Madison Square Garden. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

No NBA arena captures even 1/10 of the magic that makes Assembly Hall, Cameron Indoor, of Phog Field house special. The only exception would be like Madison Square Garden. 

Maybe, my point was more that they do a pretty good job of replicating what made the old Boston Garden or Great Western Forum special

2 hours ago, Hoosier Roots said:

I don't know... When the Oklahoma City Thunder got going and they were good in the early 2010s with Durant, Westbrook and Harden... It rivaled college atmospheres.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't know... When the Oklahoma City Thunder got going and they were good in the early 2010s with Durant, Westbrook and Harden... It rivaled college atmospheres.

Yeah I think the "NBA arenas dont come close" narrative is overkill. College atmospheres do tend to be more hype on average. Regular season NBA crowds dont usually get crazy loud, but we are used to being a part of one of the best home crowds in college so our vantage point is from the top. NBA playoff crowds hit different than regular season, especially those OKC crowds, MSG, Boston, Philly, Sacramento, LA sometimes. 

1 hour ago, BtownStrength said:

Yeah I think the "NBA arenas dont come close" narrative is overkill. College atmospheres do tend to be more hype on average. Regular season NBA crowds dont usually get crazy loud, but we are used to being a part of one of the best home crowds in college so our vantage point is from the top. NBA playoff crowds hit different than regular season, especially those OKC crowds, MSG, Boston, Philly, Sacramento, LA sometimes. 

I’ve been to playoff games in Gainbridge that are every bit as crazy as big games in Assembly Hall. Game 6 against the Heat in 2013 was wild. 

I think your comment about the consistency is key. NBA arenas can match the best college arenas, it’s just rare. 

Anyone else find it funny that Thomas Bryant is headed to the finals after him getting the boot from the Lakers after the photo? I know TB didn't play last night, but it kinda seems like some sort of karma or the basketball gods intervention. LMAO.

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

Anyone else find it funny that Thomas Bryant is headed to the finals after him getting the boot from the Lakers after the photo? I know TB didn't play last night, but it kinda seems like some sort of karma or the basketball gods intervention. LMAO.

He was the first one on the floor when the buzzer sounded. Damn near trucked Lebron too.

4 hours ago, reconmkd said:

I mean TB went to the front office and requested to be moved. I still think he could be a solid piece but would either be on a worse team or the fit would have to be extremely good to mask his defense. Otherwise, in playoff time he would be heavily hunted on switches.