Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

The only thing Tyreke Evans had at the trade deadline was a drug problem. 

Right? There were so many rumors flying around months before the news broke too. He was a disaster in every aspect. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It revisionist when I was saying it at the time. Tyreke had value at the trade deadline. Joseph had value at the deadline. Bogie and Thad had high value at the deadline. This isn't me thinking right now and looking back on it. I was vocal about it back then. The Pacers screwed their futures because they were happy with getting smoked by the Celtics in the first round. I was vocal about trading Warren when he was at a high value. I was vocal about not going after Brogdon. Yet here we are. It's time to blow up the roster. Plain and simple. 

Please. No team is going to give up any meaningful assets for Cory Joseph. Please tell me how the Brogdon deal hasn’t worked out? He definitely has his flaws but he has generally lived up to any reasonable expectations that you could put on him coming in. No one thought he’d be an all star. He’s not overpaid in comparison to his production, and he’s currently having the best season of his career. Who would you have wanted at PG? Chris Paul, Steph, Dame? We had no options. Try to convince Collison not to retire? I mean Jesus. You have to remember that this team was a couple plays away from beating LeBron and the Cavs in 2018. Expecting the team to blow it all up after Oladipo’s injury just isn’t reasonable. They had no idea how he would look when he returned. They didn’t know how players on the roster would progress. If you projected all these things happening I guess you should be leading a front office somewhere. No reasonable person would just destroy an above average roster like that midseason.  I’m not a huge fan of a lot of the stuff this front office has done, and they very may well need to blow this team up, but no one would’ve made the moves you said we should have. That’s just not how it works. 

19 hours ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Please. No team is going to give up any meaningful assets for Cory Joseph. Please tell me how the Brogdon deal hasn’t worked out? He definitely has his flaws but he has generally lived up to any reasonable expectations that you could put on him coming in. No one thought he’d be an all star. He’s not overpaid in comparison to his production, and he’s currently having the best season of his career. Who would you have wanted at PG? Chris Paul, Steph, Dame? We had no options. Try to convince Collison not to retire? I mean Jesus. You have to remember that this team was a couple plays away from beating LeBron and the Cavs in 2018. Expecting the team to blow it all up after Oladipo’s injury just isn’t reasonable. They had no idea how he would look when he returned. They didn’t know how players on the roster would progress. If you projected all these things happening I guess you should be leading a front office somewhere. No reasonable person would just destroy an above average roster like that midseason.  I’m not a huge fan of a lot of the stuff this front office has done, and they very may well need to blow this team up, but no one would’ve made the moves you said we should have. That’s just not how it works. 

There should have been a rebuild through the draft. Instead we got TJ Leaf and Goga. Total rebuild. Get every asset you absolutely can. Could have very easily gotten a 2nd rounder out of Cory Joseph at that point. 

13 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2942713-inside-the-turbulent-tenure-of-indiana-pacers-coach-nate-bjorkgren

This is a damning condemnation of Nate Bjorkgren. It’s shocking how terribly this coaching process was conducted. The TJ Warren stuff is insane. 

Pacers are a franchise dead set on trying to just make the playoffs and be just good enough. They don't want to be too good. Bird screwed them before he left and Pritchard is just an idiot. 

13 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Pacers are a franchise dead set on trying to just make the playoffs and be just good enough. They don't want to be too good. Bird screwed them before he left and Pritchard is just an idiot. 

Not so sure about that.  Nate MacMillian was making the playoffs and losing regularly, no?

They will be forced to move on from this coaching hire too.  I think they want to make deep tournament runs but good luck in Indianapolis drawing the coaches and especially the free agents.  It’s an uphill battle. 

Welp this all sucks to watch everything come out. 

I guess on a positive note, its probably a good idea to clean house from the top to the bottom and start from scratch. I've wanted to all year just because we aren't anywhere close to contending. But this is ugly. 

35 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2942713-inside-the-turbulent-tenure-of-indiana-pacers-coach-nate-bjorkgren

This is a damning condemnation of Nate Bjorkgren. It’s shocking how terribly this coaching process was conducted. The TJ Warren stuff is insane. 

Man. If this is all true...... I just don't get it. How did they go through that long of a coaching search and this is what happened 

1 minute ago, KingPG21 said:

Man. If this is all true...... I just don't get it. How did they go through that long of a coaching search and this is what happened 

They clearly didn’t do their due diligence. Not contacting PHX or any of his g league associates just doesn’t make sense. Not asking TJ what he thought about him beforehand... even if some of it isn’t completely true too much of it makes sense and lines up with what we have seen. I saw on Twitter bill bayno commenting on KPs daughters Ig to tell her dad how much he loves him and that he’s sorry he had to leave. It’s clear nobody likes the guy in anyway. 

One thing thar is crazy to me is that for the most part Pritchard isn't getting destroyed, yet

Our two most prominent players forced themselves out, during his time. And now all this. 

24 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

One thing thar is crazy to me is that for the most part Pritchard isn't getting destroyed, yet

Our two most prominent players forced themselves out, during his time. And now all this. 

Oh and there was the whole weird **** with the whole McMillian extension just to fire him weeks later

44 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

They clearly didn’t do their due diligence. Not contacting PHX or any of his g league associates just doesn’t make sense. Not asking TJ what he thought about him beforehand... even if some of it isn’t completely true too much of it makes sense and lines up with what we have seen. I saw on Twitter bill bayno commenting on KPs daughters Ig to tell her dad how much he loves him and that he’s sorry he had to leave. It’s clear nobody likes the guy in anyway. 

So  Warren came out himself and denied it. There are other sources out there denying those claims from that article. 

12 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

So  Warren came out himself and denied it. There are other sources out there denying those claims from that article. 

I saw a couple people say he didn’t request a trade but that’s the only thing from that article that’s been denied. Either way I have a very hard time not believing a lot of it. There is too much smoke for things not to be awful. Last night doesn’t happen without it. 

19 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I saw a couple people say he didn’t request a trade but that’s the only thing from that article that’s been denied. Either way I have a very hard time not believing a lot of it. There is too much smoke for things not to be awful. Last night doesn’t happen without it. 

Idkk, maybe his source on the TJW stuff was that misinformed. Only reason he threw TJW in there like he did. Dude had to send out a tweet basically debunking all the stuff he wrote about Warreb

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not so sure about that.  Nate MacMillian was making the playoffs and losing regularly, no?

They will be forced to move on from this coaching hire too.  I think they want to make deep tournament runs but good luck in Indianapolis drawing the coaches and especially the free agents.  It’s an uphill battle. 

I was surprised they even fired Nate.