Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 9/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, Hovadipo said:

At some point in the near future, Indianapolis will be re-named “Indianapolis brought to you by Ruoff Home Mortgage presented by Gainbridge”.

I am not a fan of naming rights to sports venues.

15 minutes ago, Rico said:

I am not a fan of naming rights to sports venues.

It gets pretty tiresome for venues that constantly are changing. Pacers, Deer Creek, I feel like the Diamondbacks have a new stadium name before and after the all star break every year. 

But it’s a pretty hefty chunk of change so it’s probably a necessary evil. 

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

It gets pretty tiresome for venues that constantly are changing. Pacers, Deer Creek, I feel like the Diamondbacks have a new stadium name before and after the all star break every year. 

But it’s a pretty hefty chunk of change so it’s probably a necessary evil. 

True on the money, I suppose I should be happy they left the "Fieldhouse" part of it.  And that is what I will call it.  Just "The Fieldhouse."

On 9/28/2021 at 5:23 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That really doesn't have the same ring as "Bankers Life Fieldhouse"

Ain't as bad as "Riverfront Stadium" going to "Cinergy Field"

Interesting question, courtesy of Twitter:

What NBA hill are you willing to die on?

Mine’s an easy one: The way the Pistons mgmt handled Darko Milicic was a freaking crime. Maybe he never justifies that draft position, but that guy could have easily had a DeAndre Jordan/Clint Capela type of career. But they draft a barely 18 yr old kid from a small town in the middle of nowhere,  who is completely unsophisticated and doesn’t speak a word of English and they have no plan at all for how to help him grow up as well as develop as a player. Every time I hear Milicic referred to as a bust, and he uses the term himself, it just pisses me off the way Carlisle and Dumars completely mishandled him, destroyed him psychologically, and the criticism they get is for drafting him rather than ruining him.

10 hours ago, Demo said:

Mine’s an easy one: The way the Pistons mgmt handled Darko Milicic was a freaking crime. Maybe he never justifies that draft position, but that guy could have easily had a DeAndre Jordan/Clint Capela type of career. But they draft a barely 18 yr old kid from a small town in the middle of nowhere,  who is completely unsophisticated and doesn’t speak a word of English and they have no plan at all for how to help him grow up as well as develop as a player. Every time I hear Milicic referred to as a bust, and he uses the term himself, it just pisses me off the way Carlisle and Dumars completely mishandled him, destroyed him psychologically, and the criticism they get is for drafting him rather than ruining him.

TBH, I had completely forgotten about Darko.  After this post I will forget about him again...

11 hours ago, Demo said:

I’m sure those mentions definitely didn’t just end up in a 3,000 reply MJ/Lebron debate. 

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m sure those mentions definitely didn’t just end up in a 3,000 reply MJ/Lebron debate. 

Actually, it appeared to be a bunch of “Kyrie is better than Steph” stuff with a smattering of “KD is better that LBJ” mixed in.

NBA Twitter is the worst, but in a hypnotic way.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Actually, it appeared to be a bunch of “Kyrie is better than Steph” stuff with a smattering of “KD is better that LBJ” mixed in.

NBA Twitter is the worst, but in a hypnotic way.

I’m not convinced that the people who make up NBA twitter are the same species as the rest of us. 

37 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m not convinced that the people who make up NBA twitter are the same species as the rest of us. 

All those people saying KD are really all just KD's many different burner accounts

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

18 former NBA players have been arrested and charged federally for defrauding the NBA’s Health and Welfare Benefit Plan out of approximately $4,000,000, law enforcement officials say.   This will dominate sports talk this afternoon.

Shannon Brown checked out my wife in a hotel a few months ago. Serves him right!

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indictments lay out the charges that were adjudged to constitute probable cause by a Federal Grand Jury. They do not detail the source of evidence.

You can bet that someone cooperated and made tape, thereby cementing Terrence Williams as the organizer.

Is Kyrie a basket case or what?
giphy.gif&key=db1c861be0be3511cfea9ce5fb361b3d7d549294a1cd8b4085b16be05d10f8fa

Why? Because he doesn’t want a vaccine forced on him?

Johnathan Isaac strongly and intelligently defends his position. Is he also a basket case?

Our country has lost its way.

Let people make decisions for themselves. Let people speak for themselves. Land of the free, Home of the brave.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why? Because he doesn’t want a vaccine forced on him?

Johnathan Isaac strongly and intelligently defends his position. Is he also a basket case?

Our country has lost its way.

Let people make decisions for themselves. Let people speak for themselves. Land of the free, Home of the brave.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s not why Kyrie is sitting out.