Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

As was sort of referenced in the article, Wembanyama was measured by his club team last month at 7’4” w/out shoes and an 8’ wingspan. Saw elsewhere that his standing reach in shoes is now over 10’. Don’t even know what to say to that. Can’t wait to watch those games. 

Golden boy should have taken the IU job and hired a NIL recruiter to get him the pieces he wanted. If he wasn’t a masshole he could take over for Woody when woody is done.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Since football season is already depressing, it seems like a good time to remember basketball is right around the corner lol. 
Pacers rebuild seems to be picking up hype as two of their young players are picked to potentially make Ja Morant like leaps this year. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34697196/nba-preview-2022-23-10-breakout-candidates-including-former-no-1-pick-eurobasket-phenom

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Since football season is already depressing, it seems like a good time to remember basketball is right around the corner lol. 
Pacers rebuild seems to be picking up hype as two of their young players are picked to potentially make Ja Morant like leaps this year. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34697196/nba-preview-2022-23-10-breakout-candidates-including-former-no-1-pick-eurobasket-phenom

The Pacers are going to be awful, but they're going to be VERY fun to watch. I'm really excited for the season to get started. Idk if I'm fully onboard the Lose Manana for Wembanyama train, but they should add another serious piece or two next summer in the draft and be ready to compete in 23-24.

8 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

The Pacers are going to be awful, but they're going to be VERY fun to watch. I'm really excited for the season to get started. Idk if I'm fully onboard the Lose Manana for Wembanyama train, but they should add another serious piece or two next summer in the draft and be ready to compete in 23-24.

The 1st of the Wembanyama-Scoot Henderson games is on ESPN2 Tuesday night at 10 eastern time.
Destination TV. Can’t wait to see Henderson. What he did in the G League last year as a 17 yo was something. 

On 10/3/2022 at 7:46 PM, Demo said:

The 1st of the Wembanyama-Scoot Henderson games is on ESPN2 Tuesday night at 10 eastern time.
Destination TV. Can’t wait to see Henderson. What he did in the G League last year as a 17 yo was something. 

After watching 18 minutes of this game my fully formed, definitively correct opinion is that Scoot is my choice at #1. He’s cooking everyone. 

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If Chet Holmgren was a Unicorn I don’t know WTH you call Wembayama. Crazy. Lots of talent in this game. Tremont Waters, Aaron Henry, Cissoko, Scoot, etc, etc.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

That kid is evolutionary. He’s Anthony Davis, except he’s 6” taller and he’s gonna be better than that. It’s head-shaking. Since the Pacers will never have that kind of luck, this is what I want for Xmas: I want Cuban to send Doncic home for the year with a “season-ending injury.” I want a historic tank job from Dallas and I want them to win the lottery. Watching those 2 play together would be unlike anything we’ve ever seen. 

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If Chet Holmgren was a Unicorn I don’t know WTH you call Wembayama. Crazy. Lots of talent in this game. Tremont Waters, Aaron Henry, Cissoko, Scoot, etc, etc.

If only Holmgren didn't have that injury he got would've been fun to watch him play.

17 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He is the best prospect since LeBron. Hope the kid stays healthy. He has apparently had some injury stuff, and given his szie, yah it makes sense, If he stays healthy kid is special

This next draft in general is pretty special. Scoot is the next Kyrie and the dude is gonne go #2. Not many drafts have two guys who look like they could be top 15 guys in it, and it not being hyperbole. This one does. Its not even like the drop off after them is steep. Its gonna be up there with the '03 draft as the best class of all time

On 10/3/2022 at 12:24 PM, Hovadipo said:

Its the most excited I've been for them since PG's 4th year. Tyrese is a stud amd looks ptonr got a break out year. Ben looks like a bucket. Duarte is just a baller that plays smart. IJ is the most athletic big here since idk. Smith looked great at the end of last year

I think this is the most athletic Pacers team in my life (I'm 29). I know there is more to basketball than athleticism, but watching more than one guy on the team that can jump out of the gym is gonna be fun. 

I still think the Pacers are going to be pretty bad record-wise, but I'm starting to wonder if they're going to talent themselves out of the high lottery. Maybe I'm confusing them being fun to watch with them actually having a shot at winning games. The depth is pretty bad, but that starting 5 (if relatively healthy) has no business getting a shot at the 1-4 lottery balls, imo, unless Rick really buys in on the tank like he did the last month of last season. Partially because it's a pretty interesting 5 and partially because the teams also fighting for those spots are in much worse shape.

There was some good stuff to be excited about last night

1. The defense. Its been way too long since we held an opponent under 100. 

2. 20 free throws in the first half. We have 3 guys who can draw fouls pretty easily, Hali, Duarte, and Ben. IJax probably can too cause having an athlete at that size is hard for big guys to deal with. His second jump itself will probably draw a good amount of fouls. 

3, They weren't hitting from the outside so they didn't just keep chucking. So often last season when perimeter shots weren't falling they just kept shooting them. 

I know its just preseason. But there are positives

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I still think the Pacers are going to be pretty bad record-wise, but I'm starting to wonder if they're going to talent themselves out of the high lottery. Maybe I'm confusing them being fun to watch with them actually having a shot at winning games. The depth is pretty bad, but that starting 5 (if relatively healthy) has no business getting a shot at the 1-4 lottery balls, imo, unless Rick really buys in on the tank like he did the last month of last season. Partially because it's a pretty interesting 5 and partially because the teams also fighting for those spots are in much worse shape.

I could see them doing it late in the year when they're out of the playoffs. But its fine. They are super young outside of TJM and I guess Buddy. Also the next draft is gonna be great, and the lottery process is different from what it used to be