Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Can KAT-Gobert work together? Don't know! But I love the thought of teams going big again. 

Sure. As long we they aren't traditional bigs...... KAT is as far from a traditional big as you can get. And Gobert has no offensive game...

10 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Sure. As long we they aren't traditional bigs...... KAT is as far from a traditional big as you can get. And Gobert has no offensive game...

But that’s an interesting pairing, defensive mvp big and offensive big who has turned up his game

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Having an offensive big next to a defensive big can work. Didn't work for the Pacers but because Sabonis was a horrid defender and shooter and Turner was just a shooter and **** blocker. Kat and Gobert are good rebounders and definitely better defenders than Sabonis. KAT is soft as hell though so this really helps him being able to play the 4. 

44 minutes ago, Demo said:

Just watched, for the 1st and last time, about 30 mins of BIG3 basketball. People pay to watch this? Jesus. This is the worst. 

It’s all just the NBA good ole boys that backed into a TV contract thanks to Cube and get to tour the US and party together. Ran into them all in Chicago last summer and you can tell basketball is the furthest thing from their mind. 

Really curious to see where we go from here. I love me some IJ. He has the tools to be a 5 that can switch on the perimeter defensively and not be awful. But he is still really raw, he still was jumping at so much late last year. Dude needs minutes 

I don't want him cause of how often he is injured, but I wonder if it is wort trading for Hayward. Something like a trade centered around MT for Haywayrd+Bouknight+1st rounder. Hayward's contract is so bad, but it is up at the time we'd be looking to extend Hali. We have the cap space to absorb bad contracts for assets

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Johnny Davis, to no real surprise, had really struggled... Just like any other player from Wisconsin. 

Its summer league. Remember when Trae was awful in SL. Have no idea what the Wiz are doing anyways, don't get where Dacis gets playing time on that roster. Same with Bouknight in Charlotte last year. 

Though you could argue if they were talented enough they'd force their way into the lineup

Johnny Davis, to no real surprise, had really struggled... Just like any other player from Wisconsin. 

Yeah, I forecasted this. I’ll be surprised if he turns out a great player. Not because of Wisconsin but more his size, style, ceiling. He’s an Oladipo type without the turbo mode.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I know I downplayed SL play. But I was really happy with Benn. He was getting easy/open shots frequently. Nembhard showed some flashes/ Kendall Brown showed some good stuff for a guy so young and drafted where he was

Then Duarte and IJ got pulled cause they showed enough. They are still very early, but the returns from these last two drafts have been very encouraging. Way different from the TJ Leaf pick, or Aaron Holiday, or Goga

The implied trade proposal is beyong dumb. Something like:

Lakers get Buddy and Myles

Pacers get Westbrook, 1 first (2027 or 2029), and some second round picks

WTF even is this proposal. One high usage, horribly inefficient, old player, one first rounder and some seconds for two starters who are both more valuable than the player getting sent back in exchange. Second round picks are bad draft capital. And only one first, **** the Lakers. 

So now the Celtics are apparently in the try-to-get Durant sweepstakes and are willing to deal Jaylen Brown. I'm not a C's fan or a Nets' fan (and not a Durant fan due to his jumping to the Warriors to get rings after getting knocked out by GS in that melt-down Thunder series). Durant's still one of the best in the game, no doubt, but he's starting to get long in the tooth and Brown plus other assets for him? Naah, don't like that from the C's,  but just my take.

I was thinking about this a bit. I think Hali is the most exciting individual player since pre-injury PG. And before that JO, then Reggie. 

His offensive ceiling is the sky. He has to get more aggressive as a scorer, but the efficiency is there. 

Defensively he is good off ball. But still needs to get better on ball. Like there is some stuff there, but he has a ways tp gp there

But his trakectpry is nuts. If he makes a jump like he has the last two years dude is already top 20-25 in the league. No one could have predicted that type of stuff 5 years ago for him

3 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I was thinking about this a bit. I think Hali is the most exciting individual player since pre-injury PG. And before that JO, then Reggie. 

His offensive ceiling is the sky. He has to get more aggressive as a scorer, but the efficiency is there. 

Defensively he is good off ball. But still needs to get better on ball. Like there is some stuff there, but he has a ways tp gp there

But his trakectpry is nuts. If he makes a jump like he has the last two years dude is already top 20-25 in the league. No one could have predicted that type of stuff 5 years ago for him

Pacers have set themselves up very well with a backcourt if Haliburton/Mathurin.

On 7/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, HoosierHoopster said:

So now the Celtics are apparently in the try-to-get Durant sweepstakes and are willing to deal Jaylen Brown. I'm not a C's fan or a Nets' fan (and not a Durant fan due to his jumping to the Warriors to get rings after getting knocked out by GS in that melt-down Thunder series). Durant's still one of the best in the game, no doubt, but he's starting to get long in the tooth and Brown plus other assets for him? Naah, don't like that from the C's,  but just my take.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-trade-rumors-pessimism-deal-gets-done-anytime-soon-teams-wont-help-facilitate-move-per-report/