Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

24 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Houston, Diabate and Liddell in the second round.  Trevion Williams and Ron Harper Jr go undrafted.

Harper signed a 2-way with Toronto. I’ll be surprised if he’s not a permanent part of their roster sometime this season. 

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Harper signed a 2-way with Toronto. I’ll be surprised if he’s not a permanent part of their roster sometime this season. 

Every team can have two two-way players.  I’d be a little surprised for him to be a ‘permanent’ part of their roster.  He was bottom tier in pretty much every drill at the combine.  IMO he’s the typical good college player who isn’t athletic enough to stick around in the NBA.

53 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Every team can have two two-way players.  I’d be a little surprised for him to be a ‘permanent’ part of their roster.  He was bottom tier in pretty much every drill at the combine.  IMO he’s the typical good college player who isn’t athletic enough to stick around in the NBA.

His best opportunity is looking at PJ Tuckers career... And that's an incredibly tough one. 

Mathurin measure 6’6” in shoes at the combine and Brown measured 6’7 1/2”. Obviously you don’t see shoes here, but I believe Brown measured 6’8 1/4” last year at Pangos. So, it looks like the combine measurement might be a touch off.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Mathurin measure 6’6” in shoes at the combine and Brown measured 6’7 1/2”. Obviously you don’t see shoes here, but I believe Brown measured 6’8 1/4” last year at Pangos. So, it looks like the combine measurement might be a touch off.

I think Brown can contribute in probably his 3rd or 4th year. Really hoping that Pritchard is understanding and realizes that it'll take patience through the draft and great player development. Hopefully fans understand it'll take time too. Will likely be in the lottery next year too and probably the year after that but that's okay. Gain a bunch of talent and you're ready to go. 

Tyrese Haliburton- 22

Isaiah Jackson- 20

Bennedict Mathurin- 20

Andrew Nembhard- 22

Kendall Brown- 19

If we keep him... Jalen Smith- 22

Pacers have picked up for Summer League

Fanbo Zeng from the G-League Ignite. Averaged about 4 ppg in 9 games. 

Eli Brooks from Michigan. 

Jermaine Samuels from Villanova. 

Tevin Brown from Murray State who shot 38.4% from 3 this past season and 38.6% over 4 years there. Great shooter and a lefty. 

Windhorst on ESPN pushing the idea the Lakers could get both KD and Irving. 

Wtf even are this guys credentials? Does he just shout at people he knows LeBron when they want to know why they should let him in on anything

On 6/25/2022 at 10:46 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Pacers have picked up for Summer League

Fanbo Zeng from the G-League Ignite. Averaged about 4 ppg in 9 games. 

Eli Brooks from Michigan. 

Jermaine Samuels from Villanova. 

Tevin Brown from Murray State who shot 38.4% from 3 this past season and 38.6% over 4 years there. Great shooter and a lefty. 

Hoping Durate just goes, tears it up for 2.5 games, and they pull him. TT has the type of game to be a beast in summer league too. Really interested to see how they handle IJ too. 

3 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Hoping Durate just goes, tears it up for 2.5 games, and they pull him. TT has the type of game to be a beast in summer league too. Really interested to see how they handle IJ too. 

I'm interested in Nembhard and Tevin Brown. Brown was a lights out spot up shooter. Believe he was in the same class as Ja. 

8 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm interested in Nembhard and Tevin Brown. Brown was a lights out spot up shooter. Believe he was in the same class as Ja. 

I think this pacers summer league team is ship or bust.  They have very athletic guys in this group, which Chad B. mentioned they lacked on the court during the season last year.  I think you'll see duarte and jackson dominate, I think Bennedict will dominate but struggle slightly with turnovers. 

Pelicans signing Zion to a rookie max deal. Obviously a no-brainer, but, man, that’s a hit and hope deal. They’re gonna be paying for a lot of down time. 

16 minutes ago, Demo said:

Pelicans signing Zion to a rookie max deal. Obviously a no-brainer, but, man, that’s a hit and hope deal. They’re gonna be paying for a lot of down time. 

Looks like they're doing it the smart way with protections. I hope he stays healthy because he's a unicorn, but I'm not going to put any money on it.

Brogdon gone. Main pieces coming back are Theis, Nesmith, and a first with zero protection. 

Gotta imagine we are committed to not being good next year. And the idea is get as much run for Hali, Mathurin, Duarte, and IJ. See who does and doesn't fit next to them.

As long as the Cavs make the playoffs we now have 3 first round picks next year. Draft is suppose to be loaded. Can't frowm upon that

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Brogdon gone. Main pieces coming back are Theis, Nesmith, and a first with zero protection. 

Gotta imagine we are committed to not being good next year. And the idea is get as much run for Hali, Mathurin, Duarte, and IJ. See who does and doesn't fit next to them.

As long as the Cavs make the playoffs we now have 3 first round picks next year. Draft is suppose to be loaded. Can't frowm upon that

So, essentially they traded Brogdon for a late 1, a lottery ticket(Nesmith) and cap relief. Given where this team is, if they make good calls with the cap space, it works for me.

37 minutes ago, Demo said:

So, essentially they traded Brogdon for a late 1, a lottery ticket(Nesmith) and cap relief. Given where this team is, if they make good calls with the cap space, it works for me.

My general philosophy is cap space is not good for small market teams since they can attract FAs. You need to be good in the draft and good at wheeling and dealing for actual players.