Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I’ve said bf I’m not really a GS fan but i love the way they built from the ground up - and Mark Jackson deserves some early credit. GS followed the Spurs model

They did it the way that's considered "the right way." Drafted the core and have brought in others to fill in where needed. Brought in Iguodala back when Jackson was still coaching and David Lee was a focal point. Kerr comes in and unlocks Iggy as a great 6th man. Then get Durant for a few years. Then Curry and Thompson get hurt. They trade KD for DLo and then trade DLo for Wiggins. They've just ended up making smart moves. 

^^ And I LOVE this quote from Wiggins:

"I feel like being here, it's a winning culture," he said. "They have won before, and they have dominated the NBA. When I got here, they put you in position to succeed. They always bring out the best in you. They want the best for you. You know, supportive."  https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34088217/andrew-wiggins-huge-double-double-effort-game-5-puts-golden-state-warriors-verge-another-nba-title

That kind of sums it up. 

And side note, that's what I'm hoping to see building under Woodson at IU. A winning, supportive culture. We started into it last season. We've added a really nice 2022 recruiting class, with guys who have won and shown they buy in. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Golden State in 6?

Well damn talk about stepping up, 3 in a row against this C’a team and closing them out in Boston is something — assuming they finish, bout 3 min left

My nephew talked some smack to my brother in law.  Something to the effect that he sucks worse than the golden state warriors. 

My brother in law is going to have some fun with this 

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

Golden Stte lost in the play-in last year. Made 1 key acquisition….

Because:

• You cannot be a champion without hard work
  • And you cannot work hard without studying
  • And you cannot study in the NBA without watching video
  • And you cannot watch video without a Video Coordinator
  • And a Video Coordinator needs an Assistant Video Coordinator!

I really want to see NBA basketball get back to being an inside out game. There are some bigs good enough. Mainly Embiid and Jokic. Need to get back to teaching bigs the fundamentals and secrets of the post. Too many nowadays look absolutely lost in the post or don't know how to take advantage of a mismatch. NBA also needs to get a control on the insane amount of flopping in the post when bigs are backing down. 

14 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I really want to see NBA basketball get back to being an inside out game. There are some bigs good enough. Mainly Embiid and Jokic. Need to get back to teaching bigs the fundamentals and secrets of the post. Too many nowadays look absolutely lost in the post or don't know how to take advantage of a mismatch. NBA also needs to get a control on the insane amount of flopping in the post when bigs are backing down. 

Meh. To each their own. I find low post play to be generally boring: It being more prominent led to the 2000-2010 years to be not very entertainingb

Just now, KingPG21 said:

Meh. To each their own. I find low post play to be generally boring: It being more prominent led to the 2000-2010 years to be not very entertainingb

Those years were actually pretty balanced. Had star bigs in Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Howard, Pau. Had wings like LeBron, Durant, McGrady, Carter, Granger etc. Had guards like Nash, Kidd, Wade, Kobe, CP3 etc. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Wasn't in the NBA any longer but wow -- sad story.

Was only 25. 

Homestead Fort Wayne kid.   Commited to MSU, followed his god father/caregiver/trainer to Purdue. Great, great player.  Recently saw him on local news for an arrest charge, I believe drug affiliated.  Had gained tons of weight like he was pre-playing days. I think a lot of depression type stuff going on.  

sad story. By all the accounts that knew him, they describe him as a gentle giant.