Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1. Rudy Gobert is an absolute goober thinking he could have "locked up" Shaq.

2. Kyle Lowry is out tonight for game 5. I think it's a good thing because he's literally done nothing in his 2 games. Spo is gonna have to stick with a very short rotation around Bam, Butler, Herro, Dipo, Tucker. Bam is going to have to play every single minute Embiid does. Strus should okay sparingly and Duncan should play over Vincent. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Trade for Harden and just like Harden... Doesn't deliver with the season on the line. 

It’s funny that people think Harden is the same guy he was in Houston. He just isn’t. And given his general attitude it seems hard to believe he’ll ever get close to that consistently again 

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

0-2 in the second half of an elimination game is embarrassing. 

It’s not embarrassing, it’s just father time catching up with him.

His ability to do anything off of the bounce is gone because of age and injury

42 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Harden is still good enough to get off more than 2 shots. 

Watched the game. Vic was bellying him up 30 feet from the basket and daring him to put the ball on the floor. The few times he tried it went badly. Good job by the Miami coaching staff. They can see Harden has lost a step (and another step), and they defended him correctly. 

42 of the 70 shots Harden took in the series were three-pointers. He had the ball in his hands a lot, but nevertheless he had an unacceptable 4.8 turnovers per game. He was only 40% from the floor and 33% from three in the series. Miami is an excellent defensive team and they took away the things Harden can still do well - catch and shoot from distance or step back and shoot from distance. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Watched the game. Vic was bellying him up 30 feet from the basket and daring him to put the ball on the floor. The few times he tried it went badly. Good job by the Miami coaching staff. They can see Harden has lost a step (and another step), and they defended him correctly. 

42 of the 70 shots Harden took in the series were three-pointers. He had the ball in his hands a lot, but nevertheless he had an unacceptable 4.8 turnovers per game. He was only 40% from the floor and 33% from three in the series. Miami is an excellent defensive team and they took away the things Harden can still do well - catch and shoot from distance or step back and shoot from distance. 

Vic was pretty good on Harden for the most part. But if you're Rivers and Harden, gotta find some way to get a few more shots off. Harden is still a Top 30 player. 

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Vic was pretty good on Harden for the most part. But if you're Rivers and Harden, gotta find some way to get a few more shots off. Harden is still a Top 30 player. 

No. He is most certainly not still a top 30 player. He was until fairly recently, but he is 32 and his game is deteriorating.

• He is a below average defender. Defense is a real element of being a top 30 player. 
  • He is not a great leader - James Harden on a roster does not bring a culture of toughness that is needed to win in the playoffs.
  • He is an elite shooter with excellent court vision.
  • He is no longer very good off the bounce, so defending his elite shooting and excellent court vision is a whole lot easier than it used to be.
  • On the Heat alone, I'd rank Butler, Adebayo, Herro, and PJ Tucker as more effective overall players than Harden.Don't think PJ Tucker is a higher value player? See what Embid and Giannis say about PJ - they know. That's 4 on their recent opponent - pretty sure there are 26 players in the rest of the league that are more effective overall players.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

No. He is most certainly not still a top 30 player. He was until fairly recently, but he is 32 and his game is deteriorating.

• He is a below average defender. Defense is a real element of being a top 30 player. 
  • He is not a great leader - James Harden on a roster does not bring a culture of toughness that is needed to win in the playoffs.
  • He is an elite shooter with excellent court vision.
  • He is no longer very good off the bounce, so defending his elite shooting and excellent court vision is a whole lot easier than it used to be.
  • On the Heat alone, I'd rank Butler, Adebayo, Herro, and PJ Tucker as more effective overall players than Harden.Don't think PJ Tucker is a higher value player? See what Embid and Giannis say about PJ - they know. That's 4 on their recent opponent - pretty sure there are 26 players in the rest of the league that are more effective overall players.

Yea I'd say Harden is better than PJ Tucker. Without any doubt. 

28 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea I'd say Harden is better than PJ Tucker. Without any doubt. 

Top player=player who most helps to win games, especially in May when it counts; not in December against Detroit.

If you watched the whole series Tucker was clearly a more valuable, more effective player than Harden. Guess who agrees?

Embiid:

I just know that we wasn’t tough enough.

You look at someone like P.J. Tucker. Great player, but it’s not about him knocking down shots. It’s about what he does, whether it’s on the defensive end or rebounding the ball. You look at, obviously, defensively, he plays with so much energy, believes that he can get from point A to point B, and he believes that no one can beat him. And he’s tough. He’s just physical, and he’s tough.

Joel Embiid on James Harden: “Obviously, I’m sure since we got him, everybody expected the Houston James Harden, but that’s not who he is anymore. He’s more of a playmaker. I thought, at times, as with all of us, could’ve been more aggressive.”

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Top player=player who most helps to win games, especially in May when it counts; not in December against Detroit.

If you watched the whole series Tucker was clearly a more valuable, more effective player than Harden. Guess who agrees?

Embiid:

I just know that we wasn’t tough enough.

You look at someone like P.J. Tucker. Great player, but it’s not about him knocking down shots. It’s about what he does, whether it’s on the defensive end or rebounding the ball. You look at, obviously, defensively, he plays with so much energy, believes that he can get from point A to point B, and he believes that no one can beat him. And he’s tough. He’s just physical, and he’s tough.

Joel Embiid on James Harden: “Obviously, I’m sure since we got him, everybody expected the Houston James Harden, but that’s not who he is anymore. He’s more of a playmaker. I thought, at times, as with all of us, could’ve been more aggressive.”

Joel Embiid throws his teammates under the bus every year after he gets eliminated in the playoffs. In no world is PJ Tucker a better basketball player than James Harden. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Mavs 92, Sunx 50 at the end of the third quarter. 

How the hell do you get down by 42 points when playing Game 7 at home! 

Depend on Chris Paul.. good player but will never win a championship as a primary player.