Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Levert and Garland will be sidelined for a bit with small injuries. We could use a little slide from them to move up our other 1st rounder. Best case scenario for the last stretch of the season is Haliburton and Brogdon not working well together. Unfortunately, I think Brogdon is really good off the ball and that could be a recipe for lottery disaster. Or...Brogdon could just get hurt again which is almost a guarantee in a 22 game stretch.

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I want to know why not a single person around him has said to get down to 240 and stay there. 285 at 6-6? That's a lineman. 

His weight wouldn’t be a problem if he was actually 285. That’s what he weighed at Duke and he was a monster. His problem is that he’s quite a bit heavily than he was at Duke. If he only weighed 240 pounds he’d lose some of his physical advantages.

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

His weight wouldn’t be a problem if he was actually 285. That’s what he weighed at Duke and he was a monster. His problem is that he’s quite a bit heavily than he was at Duke. If he only weighed 240 pounds he’d lose some of his physical advantages.

We went when NOP played in Indy this year (bought right at the beginning of the season hoping to see Zion back and playing…whoops lol) and had seats along the visitors tunnel. He just looked unhealthy. Sloppy. Fat in the face. Hope he figures it out because he’s entertaining as anyone, but no one can sustain at 300+ doing what he does. 

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

We went when NOP played in Indy this year (bought right at the beginning of the season hoping to see Zion back and playing…whoops lol) and had seats along the visitors tunnel. He just looked unhealthy. Sloppy. Fat in the face. Hope he figures it out because he’s entertaining as anyone, but no one can sustain at 300+ doing what he does. 

There were some reports back in December that he was 330 pounds. I 100% believe them, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was even heavier honestly. He looks enormous. Much bigger than he looked at Duke.

I’m watching NO/LAL right now and they said only two #1 picks have played fewer games in their first three seasons since 1966 - David Robinson (DNP - US Navy his first two years) and Greg Oden. Not the best name to be linked with. 

I feel like everyone saw the weight issues coming but I didn’t expect it to be this bad this early. I thought he’d at least get 4-5 years in before it really became an issue.

12 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I think he would make a great 3 and even 4. 6-6 is enough to okay both. What was Chuck while in league in his prime? 6-4 but he wasn't 285+. 

How epic of a failure would it be for the Lakers to miss the playoffs? If the Spurs win tonight, they are 0.5 game back from the 10th seed Lakers. The Lakers also have to be in the Top 10 to get their 1st round pick this summer as well.... LeBron will be out for a little bit. Are they giving in to have that pick? Is it trade bait for someone to take Westbrook?

6 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

This might be one of the more humorous things you'll see today ... 

Lol! Been laughing at the Lakers all season. Most of those guys are old enough to be concerned about breaking a hip!

On 2/27/2022 at 10:53 PM, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There were some reports back in December that he was 330 pounds. I 100% believe them, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was even heavier honestly. He looks enormous. Much bigger than he looked at Duke.

I’m watching NO/LAL right now and they said only two #1 picks have played fewer games in their first three seasons since 1966 - David Robinson (DNP - US Navy his first two years) and Greg Oden. Not the best name to be linked with. 

I feel like everyone saw the weight issues coming but I didn’t expect it to be this bad this early. I thought he’d at least get 4-5 years in before it really became an issue.

I 100% didn’t expect him to hold up but was a little surprised it happened so quickly.

The Nets just did the deal where there's a made basket, one player takes the ball to throw it in....and the rest of the team hangs out at the other side of the court wondering where the ball is. Now I feel .1% better knowing that IU has NBA company.