Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

50 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why? Because he doesn’t want a vaccine forced on him?

No one will force it on him.

However, his employer has it as a condition of employment to work in the business faculty. Those are common. For instance, people are also not allowed to smoke in the stadium, even though smoking is legal. 

This happens all the time, though not usually with mega-millionaires and entertainment stars like Kyrie. For what it’s worth, I kinda like Kyrie, both as a player and as a person.

It also is much less common with small, independent businesses. When one owns a small business, there are not corporate hqs dictating rules.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

However, his employer has it as a condition of employment to work in the business faculty. Those are common. For instance, people are also not allowed to smoke in the stadium, even though smoking is legal. 

This happens all the time, though not usually with mega-millionaires and entertainment stars like Kyrie. For what it’s worth, I kinda like Kyrie, both as a player and as a person.

It also is much less common with small, independent businesses. When one owns a small business, there are not corporate hqs dictating rules.

Can’t compare smoking to taking a vaccine.  It’s ludicrous, and justifying it is equally ludicrous.

IF….. the Vaccine made you completely immune with zero chance of breakthroughs, you could justify it to a degree.  As it stands, it’s ludicrous as are many of the things going on right now. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

“No one will force it on him, However…..”. Let’s be real. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can’t compare smoking to taking a vaccine.  It’s ludicrous, and justifying it is equally ludicrous.

IF….. the Vaccine made you completely immune with zero chance of breakthroughs, you could justify it to a degree.  As it stands, it’s ludicrous as are many of the things going on right now. 

Agreed that Medically it’s ludicrous!

But legally, it’s remarkably similar. “Forcing” would be extraordinary, but that’s happened in our history too.

I think the legal theory gets clouded when it’s a famous, $20 million/year employee that has a condition of employment.

I’m not judging, just trying to state the legal theory that supports the dynamic.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Agreed that Medically it’s ludicrous!

But legally, it’s remarkably similar.

I’m not judging, just trying to state the legal theory that supports the dynamic.

I understand and appreciate that.  But it’s a fallacy of logic.  And it’s setting dangerous precedents void of logic.  It’s a scary proposition. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s not even really the Nets making him take the vaccine. He’s ineligible to play in all their home games because of an NYC ordinance. The Nets just decided he can’t practice or play on the road until he gets vaccinated either to avoid the awkwardness of trying to accommodate a part-time player. If NYC dropped the rule tomorrow the Nets would let Kyrie come back and play

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s not even really the Nets making him take the vaccine. He’s ineligible to play in all their home games because of an NYC ordinance. The Nets just decided he can’t practice or play on the road until he gets vaccinated either to avoid the awkwardness of trying to accommodate a part-time player. If NYC dropped the rule tomorrow the Nets would let Kyrie come back and play

There will be a new NYC mayor on Jan 1st so between the likely winner not nearly as progressive along with (hopefully) improving case data, it is viable that by midseason the vaccine mandate could be gone.

LIHoosier said:  " it is viable that by midseason the vaccine mandate could be gone."

It is highly unlikely that the vaccine mandate will be lifted before next summer.  With the delta variance, the population has to be close to 90% immune before herd immunity kicks in. That won't happen by midseason (Feb/March).

We’re 4 minutes into the Pacers season and I’m ready to eat my words and kiss Chris Duarte right on the lips. 

Edit: 12 minutes into the Pacers season and I’m googling his address to send him flowers and a love note. Maybe the dorks will help me write him a song. 

12 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

We’re 4 minutes into the Pacers season and I’m ready to eat my words and kiss Chris Duarte right on the lips. 

Edit: 12 minutes into the Pacers season and I’m googling his address to send him flowers and a love note. Maybe the dorks will help me write him a song. 

Great debut...but a win would have been nice.

They are 1-2 but a lot to be encouraged by with the Pacers. Domas has clearly worked on his three point shot andit looks pretty solid. Myles looks way more confident offensively. Brogdon looks like he has a bit more burst getting to the rim so far. Can't say enough about Durate. This dude is just a baller. I know it is a super small sample size but Jackson looked good when he got out there, it is super easu foryoung bigs to look completely lost on a NBA court. 

Also it is a huge deal both Malcolm and Myles have been super vocal so far. They are constantly talking to Durate and Jackson. I'm a homer, but really excited for this season and the future. 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

They are 1-2 but a lot to be encouraged by with the Pacers. Domas has clearly worked on his three point shot andit looks pretty solid. Myles looks way more confident offensively. Brogdon looks like he has a bit more burst getting to the rim so far. Can't say enough about Durate. This dude is just a baller. I know it is a super small sample size but Jackson looked good when he got out there, it is super easu foryoung bigs to look completely lost on a NBA court. 

Also it is a huge deal both Malcolm and Myles have been super vocal so far. They are constantly talking to Durate and Jackson. I'm a homer, but really excited for this season and the future. 

I still don't understand how they just sat on their hands this summer. Especially with a now useless player like Warren that some dumb team would have taken. Bench still needs to be upgraded. Especially at point guard. Really need a legitimate and consistent scoring threat off the bench as well. I don't see this team finishing in the Top 8 but *should* be in the 9/10 area. 

On 10/14/2021 at 7:10 AM, Honkyman said:

LIHoosier said:  " it is viable that by midseason the vaccine mandate could be gone."

It is highly unlikely that the vaccine mandate will be lifted before next summer.  With the delta variance, the population has to be close to 90% immune before herd immunity kicks in. That won't happen by midseason (Feb/March).

Nah, this country is already probably at 90%. This is about control, theatre and segregation. Just hope Kyrie stands by what he says or retires. But it's a waiting game at this point. Would be nice to see Brooklyn at full strength to see what they could do. 

Loaded Chicken said:  'Just hope Kyrie stands by what he says..."

Like when Kyrie says he doesn't know if the earth is round or flat.  Kyrie blamed his comment for saying the world is flat on the "YouTube rabbit hole."  The rabbit hole must be where he gets his information on COVID-19. It's not from science.

58 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Loaded Chicken said:  'Just hope Kyrie stands by what he says..."

Like when Kyrie says he doesn't know if the earth is round or flat.  Kyrie blamed his comment for saying the world is flat on the "YouTube rabbit hole."  The rabbit hole must be where he gets his information on COVID-19. It's not from science.

That's more of a direct message sort of convo for anyone. 

OKC may be terrible this year, but when you get a chance just check them out for Josh Giddey. Yeah, he just turned 19, the athleticism still needs to come a little and the shot has to get cleaned up, but that kid is a computer. There are very few guys who see what he sees. He finds angles that just aren’t there. And he seems to have no ego at all.  In a couple of years he’s gonna be one of those guys other guys will really want to play with. 

Tweet I saw this morning that made me chuckle. It was unedited in its original form:

Anthony Edwards nails the Giannis analysis: 

"With a guy like that you can’t stress about him scoring. That’s what he gonna do. Muh-f***r’s like 7-2, 280 pounds. S**t, we put four people on him and he’ll still score the ball.”