Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

24 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Luka Garza got drafted last night.  Maybe he doesn't make it long term, but it's hard to pass up on that skill set and size.

Something just tells me he is gonna be in the league for awhile barring injuries.  Time will tell.

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Duarte, Jackson and Todd isn't awful if they are running it back with everyone. 

The key here is being healthy.  Injuries have devastated the Pacers the last few years.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Sabonis is a 2 time all star and an awful defender. If you can score and contribute on offense teams will make it work.

I tend to think, if his shooting translates, he will be in the NBA a long time.  NBA coach can hide him on defense, plus he’s huge and can at least clog the lane.   Plus he hustles and plays a smart game.  If NBA doesn’t work, he’ll be a Superstar in a euro league. 

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Sabonis is a 2 time all star and an awful defender. If you can score and contribute on offense teams will make it work.

Sabonis still plays better defense. Garza is just flat out awful. He was probably the worst defending big man in the Big Ten last year. I mean look where Frank Kaminsky is. He was super skilled on offense like Garza but was also a great defender college. Now Frank is a bench man. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Sabonis still plays better defense. Garza is just flat out awful. He was probably the worst defending big man in the Big Ten last year. I mean look where Frank Kaminsky is. He was super skilled on offense like Garza but was also a great defender college. Now Frank is a bench man. 

Uh, Garza scored about a 1,000 more points than Frank did...

16 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

That doesn't really change how good Frank was his senior year, which was better than Garza. 

I will give you that Frank was a better team player than Garza.  

On 7/29/2021 at 7:57 PM, cthomas said:

The Pacers are always going to be the Pacers. I enjoyed the ABA years and a bit of Reggie Miller days. After the brawl, I pretty much checked out. 

Started watching the Pacers during the Chuck Person years as a kid. Seems like the organization has zero interest in getting back to the level play we saw during the Miller, Smits, Davis years.