Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 7/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I have the Pacers taking Wagner. 

I would be happy with that choice, however I don't think he is gonna be on the board when the Pacers select.

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It's very possible. The 5 seem fairly set.. after that though... Who knows. 

Yeah, the Pacers will prolly end up with that quitter from Duke...

24 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, the Pacers will prolly end up with that quitter from Duke...

may be a quitter for Duke but has a high ceiling to be a star in the NBA and the Pacers need a star.  

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

may be a quitter for Duke but has a high ceiling to be a star in the NBA and the Pacers need a star.  

I wouldn’t touch him. Moved high schools multiple times and left Duke. It’s a pattern of him moving on when things don’t go his way. No thanks. Plus the Pacers are focused on guards and wing shooters.

44 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

We're gonna end up with Eric Gordon. And it sucks. Dude is beyond washed up at this point, and is injured way too much. 

Don’t buy the rumors. The Pacers moves always come out of left field…

22 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Don’t buy the rumors. The Pacers moves always come out of left field…

I think you’re right about the validity of a lot of the rumors out there. But I feel pretty confident saying that an 86 year old owner and a 61 year old coach aren’t looking at the Zaire Williams’ types in this draft. Whether they trade or pick, it’s gonna produce someone they believe is a rotation piece day 1. Actually, as I think about it, if they’d be looking at someone like Duarte or Kispert at 13, I’d be good with Mitchell, I’d rather have Gordon and an upside play like a Josh Primo at 23. Now watch’em stick at 13 and take Cam Thomas or some such.

15 minutes ago, Demo said:

I think you’re right about the validity of a lot of the rumors out there. But I feel pretty confident saying that an 86 year old owner and a 61 year old coach aren’t looking at the Zaire Williams’ types in this draft. Whether they trade or pick, it’s gonna produce someone they believe is a rotation piece day 1. Actually, as I think about it, if they’d be looking at someone like Duarte or Kispert at 13, I’d be good with Mitchell, I’d rather have Gordon and an upside play like a Josh Primo at 23. Now watch’em stick at 13 and take Cam Thomas or some such.

I really don’t think they’ll pick at 13. Will they be higher or lower? I’m not sure but I think there will be some wheeling and dealing and if players are involved that could shake up what kind of player or players they draft. 

On 6/22/2021 at 9:19 PM, Demo said:

You’ve got nothing to worry about. Mitchell will be long gone before 13. That kid is built for the draft process. He’s gonna go into workouts with the same giant chip on his shoulder he played with all last year and just out-compete everybody. Some GM is gonna look at him, see Kyle Lowry, fall in love, and he’ll be  gone no later than 9 or so.

Gonna go ahead and re-post this because when the opportunity to be just a touch douchey presents itself, sometimes ya just gotta go with it.

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Taking Duarte with Moody on the board. I hate the Pacers, man. 

******* terrible front office. The man is 24 years old already. Just like the pacers to take a dude who has almost zero potential left. Moody was a no brainer

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Taking Duarte with Moody on the board. I hate the Pacers, man. 

Not real surprising. They wanted a day 1 rotation piece and that’s Duarte. I imagine they looked at his maturity as an asset. But Bilas just called him “an excellent defender”, and that’s just not right. Smart, yes. Excellent, no. Watched an Oregon-UCLA game last year and he couldn’t stay frontal against any of UCLA’s guards. They broke him down over and over. His lateral movement and quick twitch are problems. 

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not real surprising. They wanted a day 1 rotation piece and that’s Duarte. I imagine they looked at his maturity as an asset. But Bilas just called him “an excellent defender”, and that’s just not right. Smart, yes. Excellent, no. Watched an Oregon-UCLA game last year and he couldn’t stay frontal against any of UCLA’s guards. They broke him down over and over. His lateral movement and quick twitch are problems. 

An old guy that’s already slow. Go Pacers baby. 

17 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

******* terrible front office. The man is 24 years old already. Just like the pacers to take a dude who has almost zero potential left. Moody was a no brainer

He’s almost as old as Domas, Myles, and Levert lol.