Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Pop is one of the most overrated coaches? Like I’d rather have him than not. But there are a lot of people who act like he is an amazing coach. 

He's god awful so far as an Olympian coach. But we just don't have the same type of players, same type of coaches or same chip on the shoulder as past teams did. This team seems disinterested and slow. I thought Popovich was great at teaching team basketball and this trash has been 1v1 and lazy pick and rolls. It looks like Archie is out there coaching this garbage. 

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He's god awful so far as an Olympian coach. But we just don't have the same type of players, same type of coaches or same chip on the shoulder as past teams did. This team seems disinterested and slow. I thought Popovich was great at teaching team basketball and this trash has been 1v1 and lazy pick and rolls. It looks like Archie is out there coaching this garbage. 

I mean he hasn’t done anything since sDu can and those guys retired. He doesn’t seem to like the modern game in general.

granted it all comes down to talent. Coaching does make a difference 

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I mean he hasn’t done anything since sDu can and those guys retired. He doesn’t seem to like the modern game in general.

granted it all comes down to talent. Coaching does make a difference 

I was baffled last night during the game, it looked like they were trying to get Bam and Grant the ball at times. Like why? That's not their role for the Olympics. They are there to do the dirty work like Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh in 2008, Chandler, Davis and Love in 2012 and DeAndre Jordan and Cousins in 2016. No one has a role. Tatum airballed like 6 shots. His role should be simple, spot up shoot and be an elite defender. Pop just seems to be rolling the ball out and hoping for the best. It's like 2004 all over again. 

Congrats to the Bucks! Giannis was a beast and still has plenty of room to grow his game.

The Suns had a nice run. Chris Paul almost made me eat my words but I just don’t see him as a key cog on a championship team.

What happens this off-season? What team makes a big splash to become a “super team.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Feels a little like a combination of recency bias and hot take, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a better defensive player than Giannis. Dude’s just beyond belief. Watching him effectively play Ayton on the block, Paul in PnR and Booker running off a pin down, all in about 5 mins of game time, is almost superhuman. And he flat closes lanes with his length and vision. What a pleasure he is to watch.

7 hours ago, Demo said:

Feels a little like a combination of recency bias and hot take, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a better defensive player than Giannis. Dude’s just beyond belief. Watching him effectively play Ayton on the block, Paul in PnR and Booker running off a pin down, all in about 5 mins of game time, is almost superhuman. And he flat closes lanes with his length and vision. What a pleasure he is to watch.

He is the mythical "can guard 1-5" player. Except usually when you bring those guys up it means either the 1 or the 5 they can manage on a switch or a short period. Whereas he can do it for extended periods of time. If he didn't have the offensive responsibilities he has, he could probably go down as the greatest defender ever. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Demo said:

And he chases down EVERYTHING in transition.

The responses to this tweet are fascinating. The number of people who think Reddish is any good at all is amazing.  There is nobody in the League at the moment getting a longer ride on their traits than he is. Andrew Wiggins has taken a beating on that front for years, but he’s a hell and gone better player. Reddish is the anti-Khris Middleton, a great-looking athlete who doesn’t play to it with a great-looking stroke that doesn’t go in  and who wants no part of big moments. Oh, and his defense comes and goes and he doesn’t take care of the ball. And, yet, someone is going to trade a 1 for him so they can extend him. Jesus.
Ok, that’s out of my system. 

On 7/21/2021 at 10:28 AM, Demo said:

I told a friend the only other player I can think of who could’ve come close to making that legendary “block the Ayton lob dunk after guarding Book off the PNR screen” in game 3 was KG. But Giannis is faster, taller, and longer-limbed. KG might contest but probably doesn’t get there.

3 hours ago, Demo said:

The responses to this tweet are fascinating. The number of people who think Reddish is any good at all is amazing.  There is nobody in the League at the moment getting a longer ride on their traits than he is. Andrew Wiggins has taken a beating on that front for years, but he’s a hell and gone better player. Reddish is the anti-Khris Middleton, a great-looking athlete who doesn’t play to it with a great-looking stroke that doesn’t go in  and who wants no part of big moments. Oh, and his defense comes and goes and he doesn’t take care of the ball. And, yet, someone is going to trade a 1 for him so they can extend him. Jesus.

If you've got a late first, taking Reddish wouldn't be a bad idea. Potential counts for something in the league. 

4 hours ago, Demo said:

Reddish is 21 and played pretty well in the playoffs. It’s a little to early to totally write him off. Wiggins is the better player currently and was a number 1 pick but he’s got a bad contract for his production.

14 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Reddish is 21 and played pretty well in the playoffs. It’s a little to early to totally write him off. Wiggins is the better player currently and was a number 1 pick but he’s got a bad contract for his production.

At this point if he turned into a slightly more athletic version of Hunter with a little more play making I'd be happy with him. Maybe he could end up like what Grant is for the Pistons, idk. Weren't there a bunch of rumors questioning his work ethic and stuff leading up to the draft? Might be misremembering 

28 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I have the Pacers taking Wagner. 

I'd be cool with Wagner. I do get a kick out of people that compare him to Leaf. Cause they're nothing alike