Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I’m not a CP3 fan by any means but it is satisfying to see him and the suns in the finals. They’ve done an incredible job of turning that franchise around the last 2 years. Pat Bev showed his true colors tonight. Dude is the biggest scumbag in the league bar none. I don’t know how you root for that guy if he’s in your team. 

I know there has been a correlation between free throw shooting and the potential to be a good three point shooter. But is there any breakdown about the actial statistics behind it? I  really like JT Thor. He was a bad three point shooter (29%), but average shooting free throws (74%). I'd like to thIink that is good enough to think he could develop from three, but haven't ever seen the statistical breakdown of that free throw to 3 point shooting theory/concept.

image.png

Edited by KingPG21
Meh

Sounds like Carlisle is adding Ronald Nored to his staff. I’d say there’s the next Guy, but he’ll be somebody else’s Guy long before Carlisle retires. 

On 7/1/2021 at 6:39 PM, KingPG21 said:

I know there has been a correlation between free throw shooting and the potential to be a good three point shooter. But is there any breakdown about the actial statistics behind it? I  really like JT Thor. He was a bad three point shooter (29%), but average shooting free throws (74%). I'd like to thIink that is good enough to think he could develop from three, but haven't ever seen the statistical breakdown of that free throw to 3 point shooting theory/concept.

image.png

https://medium.com/@scricca1/so-can-ncaa-free-throws-really-predict-nba-3-point-shooting-ability-21cee782859e

https://medium.com/push-the-pace/fact-or-fiction-is-college-free-throw-percentage-better-than-college-three-point-percentage-at-8c77a7e3f09a

Here are a couple articles on the subject.

Saw this on a Pacers site, and the reponses were finny. 

Adams +10 for Myles

Most said no. I said yah. Most of the no's were because Adams has no value. Which is true. But like this is the exact type of move OKC would make and would get tons of praise for. Also when it comes to Adams contract its not like a killer for us. We aren't going to look to clear cap space because big FAs aren't gonna come here. Also its not like that contract hinders us in signing guys to extensions anymore than where we currently are since we give up Myles's and his contract. 

1 minute ago, KingPG21 said:

Adams +10 for Myles

Most said no. I said yah. Most of the no's were because Adams has no value. Which is true. But like this is the exact type of move OKC would make and would get tons of praise for. Also when it comes to Adams contract its not like a killer for us. We aren't going to look to clear cap space because big FAs aren't gonna come here. Also its not like that contract hinders us in signing guys to extensions anymore than where we currently are since we give up Myles's and his contract. 

Adam’s is with the Pelicans. The Pacers wouldn’t do that because Pritchard doesn’t seem to value picks for picking. More as general assets. He’s like the anti Chris Ballard. 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Adams +10 for Myles

I just say no to Adams because he's honestly terrible. He's not a super atheltic guy like Capela or what DeAndre Jordan used to be, so he can't pick and roll for lobs. He basically can't hit the broad side of a barn from really anywhere outside of a layup, which just destroys everything for this roster. Myles is really the only 1 guy I would like to keep because someone like him is difficult to find. He can play the 4 offensively since he can shoot and he's the best shot blocker in the league. 

Milwaukee Bucks have ONE player on their team that is a former lottery pick, that is Brook Lopez who was picked 10th in the 2008 NBA Draft. Kris Middleton was picked 39th in 2012, Giannis was picked 15th in 2013(the supposed worst NBA draft class of all time), True Holiday was picked 17th in the 2009 draft, PJ Tucker was picked 35th in the 2006 draft, Bobby Portis was picked 22nd in the 2015 draft, Brynn Forbes was undrafted, Pat Connaughton was picked 41st in the 2015 draft.

This NBA Finals series has been so, so good so far.

Evenly matched, free flowing, minimal whistles, great shooting, real defense, high-skill basketball.

Two smaller market teams, but if you’re not watching you’re missing the two best teams on the planet playing really well.

Phoenix is so incredibly good:

Well coached (IMO far better than Milwaukee).

Size.

Shooters— Cam Johnson and Payne off the bench?!? Omg

Spacing.

Defensive pressure—every young player should watch Jae Crowder

Disciplined—Chris Paul is the ultimate on court leader.

Effort to the ultra max.

Sounds likd the Pacers are targetting Kispert. Would be a horrible draft if he is the prize. Cool he can shoot. Won't ne able tp defend anyone in the NBA. Couldn't even create against the WCC consistently. Guy does one thing even above average in the NBA. But boring guy wuth zero upside. So he fits Simon's MO

And Popovich acts like we've never blown teams out in exhibition games lol. What a joke. 

2016 team beat Argentina 111-74, China 106-57 and 107-57, Venezuela 80-45 and Nigeria 110-66 in their 5 exhibition games. 

2012 beat Dominican Republic 113-59, Brazil 80-69, Great Britain 118-78, Argentina 86-80 and Spain 100-78.