Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't even know why he is so popular. We've seen a true star in the making in PG13. Sabonis isn't on that level by any means. 

Because dudes don't watch the games unless they are nationally televised. Which it was already hard to watch games due to the issues of finding a streaming service with FoxSports Midwest. And thus far it has been worse with BallySports. But Domas puts up stats, meaningless stats, but stats. Perfect example was last night, its one of the worst triple doubles ever. He was uncredibly inefficient offensively, was a complete waste of space defensively, and constantly lost contested rebounds. It also doesn't help that the national media doesn't pay attention to the Pacers so they continue to push Domas as a star when he is barely a top 45 player. 

As+lso just to add to the fake stats, the Pacers actually rebound better with him off the court. The only thing he actually did all that well this year compared to other bigs is pass the ball. But he is Troy Murphy with no jump shot so the yokels love him

7 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Because dudes don't watch the games unless they are nationally televised. Which it was already hard to watch games due to the issues of finding a streaming service with FoxSports Midwest. And thus far it has been worse with BallySports. But Domas puts up stats, meaningless stats, but stats. Perfect example was last night, its one of the worst triple doubles ever. He was uncredibly inefficient offensively, was a complete waste of space defensively, and constantly lost contested rebounds. It also doesn't help that the national media doesn't pay attention to the Pacers so they continue to push Domas as a star when he is barely a top 45 player. 

As+lso just to add to the fake stats, the Pacers actually rebound better with him off the court. The only thing he actually did all that well this year compared to other bigs is pass the ball. But he is Troy Murphy with no jump shot so the yokels love him

The Pacers Twitter was ready for the "Triple Double" tweet.... When down like 30 lol. 

27 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The Pacers Twitter was ready for the "Triple Double" tweet.... When down like 30 lol. 

Dude it drives me up the wall. 

Don't know if you've been to any games the last 2-3 years, but you know the fans who yell and scream constantly? They're always the Domas fans. The loudest and dumbest ones in the building 

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Dude it drives me up the wall. 

Don't know if you've been to any games the last 2-3 years, but you know the fans who yell and scream constantly? They're always the Domas fans. The loudest and dumbest ones in the building 

I haven't been to a game in years. Like a decade just about. Last game I went to was Pacers-Bucks. We still had PG and Lance. Bucks still had Monta Ellis and Larry Sanders. PG had a big dunk on Sanders. Had great seats in a half empty Bankers Life. 

Too many fans are content with being mediocre. They don't care to get back to the early 2000s or PGs prime. 

12 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I haven't been to a game in years. Like a decade just about. Last game I went to was Pacers-Bucks. We still had PG and Lance. Bucks still had Monta Ellis and Larry Sanders. PG had a big dunk on Sanders. Had great seats in a half empty Bankers Life. 

Too many fans are content with being mediocre. They don't care to get back to the early 2000s or PGs prime. 

Man Larry Sanders. What a genuine waste of talent. Maybe he was dealing with **** off the court or something. But I'd give so much to have the opportunity he had. 

Yah and it sucks. They're perfectly fine with being the scrappy underdog that "doesn't get the respect they deserve".

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Man Larry Sanders. What a genuine waste of talent. Maybe he was dealing with **** off the court or something. But I'd give so much to have the opportunity he had. 

Yah and it sucks. They're perfectly fine with being the scrappy underdog that "doesn't get the respect they deserve".

It would be interesting to see what would happen if the NBA allowed players to smoke weed. A guy like Sanders would probably still be playing. He had close to max contract talent. 

But yea, they love being the underdog for whatever reason. It would be nice if they'd just come out and say "we aren't looking to win titles, just compete." Then we could all just move on and be happy. 

11 hours ago, Demo said:

So, how’s that IU job looking just now, Brad?

Its dumb that he gets so much blame for the horrible job Ainge did.  Its like Ainge thought his job was done once he got all those draft picks. Or that other teams would just give him overwhelming deals in his favor (honestly its probably this given all the rumors we've gotten from him in the last couple of years). That roster is horribly constructed

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Its dumb that he gets so much blame for the horrible job Ainge did.  Its like Ainge thought his job was done once he got all those draft picks. Or that other teams would just give him overwhelming deals in his favor (honestly its probably this given all the rumors we've gotten from him in the last couple of years). That roster is horribly constructed

He has done an awful job. He Fournier but didn't help his roster in any other way by being greedy. He could have had Turner and Jeremy Lamb for Hayward and instead got nothing. But Brad also has a lot of blame because he is trying to be like Popovich and give random guys time, but Semi should literally never see the floor. They really have about 7 dudes who should see the court right now. Smart, Tatum, Rob Williams, Kemba and Fournier need to be playing like 40 minutes each right now. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

He has done an awful job. He Fournier but didn't help his roster in any other way by being greedy. He could have had Turner and Jeremy Lamb for Hayward and instead got nothing. But Brad also has a lot of blame because he is trying to be like Popovich and give random guys time, but Semi should literally never see the floor. They really have about 7 dudes who should see the court right now. Smart, Tatum, Rob Williams, Kemba and Fournier need to be playing like 40 minutes each right now. 

If rumors are to be believed, I think they are, he sounds like a tool even among dudes in his position. I'd bet money that some guys won't even seriously talk to him. Or at least will be more prone to put down their foot on deals than if they were talking to someone else

32 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

If rumors are to be believed, I think they are, he sounds like a tool even among dudes in his position. I'd bet money that some guys won't even seriously talk to him. Or at least will be more prone to put down their foot on deals than if they were talking to someone else

There is no way people haven't learned their lesson after the KG/Pierce to Brooklyn mess. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I wonder what PGs excuse will be this year for choking in the playoffs? Last year it was how awful the bubble was on him and his mental health lol

That is a disservice to Luka. Guy is cooking everyone. Plus the Clippers are hell bent on switching everything. 

Honestly since the start of the second half of game 1 PG has been good. 

2 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

That is a disservice to Luka. Guy is cooking everyone. Plus the Clippers are hell bent on switching everything. 

Honestly since the start of the second half of game 1 PG has been good. 

Truthfully.. I cannot stand him. I think he is soft, overrated, and will not be remembered. I feel the same about Durant and Harden, as well. There aren't a ton of current NBA superstars I think deserve the time of day. Damian Lillard does though. He's a G.

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Truthfully.. I cannot stand him. I think he is soft, overrated, and will not be remembered. I feel the same about Durant and Harden, as well. There aren't a ton of current NBA superstars I think deserve the time of day. Damian Lillard does though. He's a G.

Look Durant definitely took the easy route going to GSW but he’s unquestionably one of the best scorers to ever touch a basketball. He’s a true freak of nature player. He will probably end up with another chip or two as well. I’m not the biggest fan of Hardens play style but he’s been a top 10 player in the league for a long time. I don’t get how you watch those 2 and think they are overrated or won’t be remembered. Outside of Kobe, LeBron and Curry, Durant is probably the biggest star of the last 20 years. 

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

PG is on my list of dudes who won’t win a title as a primary player. He just doesn’t have it. Chris Paul is another one. He’s a great player but just doesn’t have it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Chris Paul’s body falls apart in the playoffs at every turn. It’s remarkable. 

2 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Look Durant definitely took the easy route going to GSW but he’s unquestionably one of the best scorers to ever touch a basketball. He’s a true freak of nature player. He will probably end up with another chip or two as well. I’m not the biggest fan of Hardens play style but he’s been a top 10 player in the league for a long time. I don’t get how you watch those 2 and think they are overrated or won’t be remembered. Outside of Kobe, LeBron and Curry, Durant is probably the biggest star of the last 20 years. 

I said what I said.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

What? Harden will end up being a Top 5 SG of all time and Durant will be a Top 3 SF.