Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yeah GEorge can claim this was to help all he wants but it's bull. 
Id bench him to let the other players develop. 

Hard for me to believe he's a Pacer come October. Not that we'll get any sort of value for him, but you might as well cut your losses and get what you can.

Good job Bird. Must be proud that you were so out of touch with the current era of the NBA that you just threw anything at the wall and hoped something stuck, and now the guy who is probably the most talented player in the team's franchise's NBA history is gonna be gone for basically nothing. Stay as far away from the NBA as you can from now on

Also, if you're still on the roster come October, stay the heck away, just stay home. I'd rather just suck balls and run as much of the offense through Turner to see what he actually is than see you get 82 games of live action practice for the Lakers

Just treat him like we did Tinsley. If he doesn't care about helping the franchise win a championship, he doesn't, he isn't going to be anything but a distraction

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Lol at your PG comments. Picked a bad day for that one ;) Go back months ago and you will see I said this exact thing was gonna happen and you wanted to tell me how stupid I was and how committed he was to the franchise haha. Sorry but I told ya so. Maybe next time you can have a conversation without only sharing your opinions. Like I have said in regards to the Sixers, we may not win a title next year but we are not just Joel Embiid. Go to Alex Kennedys twitter and read his article about how Richaun Holmes was one of the most improved players last year. Robert Covington is a good player. McConnell is a good backup pg. Saric is a high end 6th man. We need pieces and are still a long ways away, but I am happy with the moves we have made.

Apparently I underestimated how much a selfish prick he is/was. 

26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Why would any team want him. There are maybe 3 teams that with him would even have a chance at beating the Warriors. And a small chance at that. 

Cleveland would want him and wouldn't care about the 1 year rental. What the Pacers need to do is get an offer from Cleveland and then use it as leverage to make the Lakers play ball. 

The Lakers won't want George going to Cleveland. Too much of a risk if he goes to Cleveland and they win the title. Will George really leave a title team that has LeBron asking him to come back? 

It will make L.A. step up their offer. 

42 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I only want George on the Cavs if they don't have to give up Love or Kyrie. Otherwise I'd trade scraps for Melo and find a rim protector. 

Problem with Melo is that 3/5 of the Cavs starting lineup would be minus defenders. I don't think they'll end up with Melo. 

I only want George on the Cavs if they don't have to give up Love or Kyrie. Otherwise I'd trade scraps for Melo and find a rim protector. 

Why would you want Melo? I've said for awhile that he's in that Chris Paul category of good but will never be a key cog to a championship team. Cleveland wouldn't be better with Melo.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Why would you want Melo? I've said for awhile that he's in that Chris Paul category of good but will never be a key cog to a championship team. Cleveland wouldn't be better with Melo.

When he was around other good players on the Olympic team he played well. Right now he's in a hostile situation and doesn't give a crap, but if he's on a contender then I think we might see a little Olympic Melo. He has a no-trade clause and Phil Jackson has been trying to give him away so the Cavs probably wouldn't have to give up much to get him. Just match salaries. The main reason why I want him in Cleveland is that having him would (hopefully) allow LeBron to keep his minutes down and the Cavs to have a functional offense when he's sitting. 

I'd rather do that than trade for a one year rental of George because he'd cost more in a trade and then if he bolts in free agency next year they're screwed. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't think much of Melo even on a good team. I think he's more about himself than about winning. He might be a decent bench player on a contender but still don't see him winning one.

It's definitely a gamble, but they can't run this same squad out against Golden State next year and expect a different result. They're strapped for cash so idk what other moves they could make, unfortunately. I think this is going to be an interesting offseason league-wide after everyone saw how dominant GSW was. I wonder if teams will try and look toward the future or make moves to compete now. 

Bleacher Report has the Suns, Sixers, Blazers and Nuggets as ready and willing 3rd team in Cavs-Pacers trade if Pacers would rather take picks and young players more than Love.

247 has the Sixers as the team that has emerged ahead to help. Would take Love back. As a Sixer fan idk how I would feel getting rid of future picks but with Love it gives us a lot of assurances in case injuries do happen. I think the Blazers make too much sense tho. Get Love and send 15 one of their 20s picks with Harkless and Noah.

At this point their not getting much so the Blazers deal would give them 3 1st and a chance to move into Kings #10 or Pistons #12 pick.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

PG is great, but if the Cavs are gonna trade Kevin Love then give me this deal instead. 
[/url]  

I don't know. You are gonna need size if you give up Love. I think Cleveland's window is very short for competing for a title. I say get one season with George and it gets interesting. One of the best 2 way players in the league and he frees up Lebron to rest during the season more. He is getting older. He needs to play, but play less during the season games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app