Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

38 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The announcers the other night were hilarious. “How could Rondo have 20 steals in the fourth quarter?!” Watch the tape, he would have been charged with assault and battery in 49 states. Glad some show on the ESPN network called the announcers and NBE out on it.

Stuhoo, if you think the Heat will beat the Lakers..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The Heat absolutely can beat the Lakers.

1. Much of winning in the NBA is about matchups, and the Heat have two perfectly oriented defenders for LeBron and Davis. Jae Crowder is so well situated for LeBron, and Odebayo is perfect for Davis.
  2. Dwight Howard has been a difference maker against Denver, but was a non-factor against Houston because he has trouble on the perimeter. Howard probably won't play as much, and I can't imagine him having to consistently find Crowder or Olynyk at the three point line.
  3. Miami's offense has Houston's shooters, but with two guys that are physical at the rim--Odebayo and Butler.
  4. Unlike Denver, Miami has five capable scorers on the court at almost all times (four when Iguadola or Jones play). LeBron will have to chase a shooter, or will be with Butler, who gets similar star treatment by picking up lots of fouls on the guy defending him.
  5. Dragic and Herro are both on an incredible roll. Danny Green can only guard one of them.
  6. I expect the Lakers to go back to their small lineup without McGee or Howard. However, when they do so, they are playing Miami's style against a team that has become very, very good at that style. When the Lakers went small aganst Houston, they were still the bigger team, and the only team that defended. Against Miami, when they go small they:
    1. are not the bigger team,
    2. both teams will defend, and
    3. Miami will have far better shooters.

The Heat still have to get past Boston--I though that Boston was an awful match-up for Miami, but they're getting the job done in a big way right now.

Against the Lakers? Heat in five or six. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

HEEEEEEEEAT!!

Sure .I've been really been way higher on Bam than I ever had any right to be, even before this year

Herro too. His ball skills and playmaking as a 20 year old is kind of shocking.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

The announcers the other night were hilarious. “How could Rondo have 20 steals in the fourth quarter?!” Watch the tape, he would have been charged with assault and battery in 49 states. Glad some show on the ESPN network called the announcers and NBE out on it.

Stuhoo, if you think the Heat will beat the Lakers..

I mean everything tat was said about how they matched up so well with the Bucks applies even more here. They have the guys to match up with the Lakerss. Bam being so unique is such a blessing

It's crazy how well-represented UK is in these games. Anthony Davis hitting a game winner,  20-year-old rookie Tyler Herro dropping 37 on the Celtics, Jamal Murray hitting crazy shots, Bam Adebayo and Rajon Rondo making plays. 

Like freaking Calipari needed any more recruiting ammo...

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Would you place any bets on that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If the Heat win, you have to change your profile picture to a Matt Painter pic for a week.

If the Lakers win, mdn82 has to change his profile pic to Matt Painter for a week.

If the Heat win, you have to change your profile picture to a Matt Painter pic for a week.

If the Lakers win, mdn82 has to change his profile pic to Matt Painter for a week.

That was aimed in your direction!

Edit: why are you hellbent on having Painter’s pic on this site Stuhoo?!

Why don’t we make it even more interesting: they have to change their picture to Matt Haarms

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Miami is shocked that they’re getting called for the fouls in the second half they’ve been committing the entire series.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t hate on the Heateroonies!

Doc Rivers, better known as the father of IU great Jeremiah Rivers has been fired by the Clippers.

Needed a lot more Leonard and a lot less George. I’d put George in that category with Harden and Paul who won’t lead a team to a title. Just not in their DNA.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe so, but remember: Bleacher Report articles are frequently written by a kid in his momma’s basement.

Bleacher Report was just reporting out what a writer for The Athletic claimed. And the Pacers writer for Indy Star tweeted this out.

I don’t think it’d be a negative for the Pacers to trade him, though. He’s cooked as a star level player, imo. He wasn’t replicating his 2018 season even before his injury. In 36 games in the 18/19 season, he was averaging 19 ppg on 52% TS (league average TS% is 56%). 

I’ll root for him to regain his old form, but I’m doubtful it’ll ever happen.