Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

57 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Welp, it’s been decided. Victor Oladipo, our favorite fun-loving, heartfelt, great guy has let FAME AND FORTUNE get to his head and turned into a selfish, ungrateful a-hole.

Our insider has spoken!

That's a bit harsh. I am not an 'insider' per se but I have talked to a couple people who know he duped the Pacers last week big time.

Vic is definitely a good guy at heart and I will forever appreciate all he has done for IU and put the money for the lounge.

Its also true he has people in his ear now and is not making the most mature decisions when it comes to handling this situation and several others.

Very interested to see what happens with Vic and the pacers, seems the connection to him and heat is very real (from pacers and heat writers) I’m more interested to see if he does indeed bounce, how he will be received in Indiana going forward. Will he still be the cult hero that he’s always been or will he get the Paul George treatment. Oladipo is deft one of my top 5 favorite Hoosiers ever, so it would be a gut punch if he does indeed leave.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyone think he’s having a hard time coming back from a terrible injury and maybe Indiana likes it’s other guards more? Maybe, it’s possible.

Nothing that happens with the Pacers will change my opinion of VO. He’s a good dude, even if fame has gotten to him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Big contract year coming up for him. He's gonna try to be as healthy as he can be to maximize on his contract. I'd love to see him stay a Pacer but I'm not so sure anymore. This thing about him not playing in Orlando and the rumors of him going to Miami are making me a little uneasy. I think it's a very real possibility he could bolt. But he's also said nothing but good things about Indiana and the Pacers so who knows. Hopefully he stays a Pacer for the rest of his career!

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

Big contract year coming up for him. He's gonna try to be as healthy as he can be to maximize on his contract. I'd love to see him stay a Pacer but I'm not so sure anymore. This thing about him not playing in Orlando and the rumors of him going to Miami are making me a little uneasy. I think it's a very real possibility he could bolt. But he's also said nothing but good things about Indiana and the Pacers so who knows. Hopefully he stays a Pacer for the rest of his career!

Publicly he loves Indiana (and a lot of him still very much does) but privately he has acted like he has gotten to big for Indiana which is a shame. He has the wrong people in his ear right now and is convinced stardom is better in a big market. Needs to listen to different people.

Here is the Inside The Hall Podcast in which Scott Agnes explains in the nicest way possible that Vic has turned into a real diva:

https://www.insidethehall.com/2020/07/08/potb-335-a-look-at-victor-oladipos-decision-to-sit-out-with-scott-agness/

We can be forever grateful for what he did at IU and also acknowledge he's let fame go to his head. Both can be true.

Am I the only one that thinks everyone overreacted to this whole thing? He's worried about his long-term health and wants to make sure he's healthy heading into his contract season next year. But by traveling with the team it seemed obvious to me he was keeping the door cracked to still play, which now sounds like he's considering again. That big break in action along with limited resources to staying game ready no doubt scared him with this restart. I think it's perfectly understandable. 

EDIT: After catching up through the last couple pages I'm pleased to see this site (for the most part) remained calm. The Pacers Facebook/Instagram pages were a cesspool of hate.

That tweet sucks. He never brings anything up really about the racial environment with that series.Just whines about fans calling Indy basketball country, Hansbrough's "hard foul",and basically how we didn't just lay down. But I read it, so good job bud got 'em 

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

That tweet sucks. He never brings anything up really about the racial environment with that series.Just whines about fans calling Indy basketball country, Hansbrough's "hard foul",and basically how we didn't just lay down. But I read it, so good job bud got 'em 

While I think he’s probably right about his assertions he’s done a pretty bad job of handling it.  Crying about bias treatment for the refs 7 years later is astonishing as well considering how many times the refs bailed that team out. 

10 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Sounds like a baby. That team could just compete with them and teams in the East weren't supposed to. 

On 7/16/2020 at 12:58 PM, Brass Cannon said:

While I think he’s probably right about his assertions he’s done a pretty bad job of handling it.  Crying about bias treatment for the refs 7 years later is astonishing as well considering how many times the refs bailed that team out. 

Funny how he uses a hard foul on Dwayne Wade as an example. Wade is one of the most underrated cheapshot artists of his time in the NBA. 

Bosh is just pulling the classic "I use to be relevant and I'm not anymore so I'm going to stir up some drama to make myself feel better" move that many athletes make when everyone's forgotten them. My only memory of him from the Heat was George dunking all over his ugly dinosaur face the game I went to. 

6 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Didn’t Wade pull one in an all star game?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure he broke Kobe’s nose in an all-star game. He once yanked Rondo to the ground in a playoff game and it dislocated his elbow. There was also a playoff game where he shove a Pacer from behind as the Pacers players was going in full speed for an open fast break layup.