Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

A very sad NBA story, with a slight glimmer of hope thanks to IU alum Mark Cuban:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8785095/Mavericks-owners-Mark-Cuban-reaches-help-troubled-ex-NBA-guard-Delonte-West.html

Hope for the best.  Nasty disease.  Him and Jameer Nelson in college was fun as hell to watch.  He had a couple of solid years in the NBA.  Hopefully this is the time he can get clean.

The Heat absolutely can beat the Lakers.
  1. Much of winning in the NBA is about matchups, and the Heat have two perfectly oriented defenders for LeBron and Davis. Jae Crowder is so well situated for LeBron, and Odebayo is perfect for Davis.
  2. Dwight Howard has been a difference maker against Denver, but was a non-factor against Houston because he has trouble on the perimeter. Howard probably won't play as much, and I can't imagine him having to consistently find Crowder or Olynyk at the three point line.
  3. Miami's offense has Houston's shooters, but with two guys that are physical at the rim--Odebayo and Butler.
  4. Unlike Denver, Miami has five capable scorers on the court at almost all times (four when Iguadola or Jones play). LeBron will have to chase a shooter, or will be with Butler, who gets similar star treatment by picking up lots of fouls on the guy defending him.
  5. Dragic and Herro are both on an incredible roll. Danny Green can only guard one of them.
  6. I expect the Lakers to go back to their small lineup without McGee or Howard. However, when they do so, they are playing Miami's style against a team that has become very, very good at that style. When the Lakers went small aganst Houston, they were still the bigger team, and the only team that defended. Against Miami, when they go small they:
    1. are not the bigger team,
    2. both teams will defend, and
    3. Miami will have far better shooters.
The Heat still have to get past Boston--I though that Boston was an awful match-up for Miami, but they're getting the job done in a big way right now.
Against the Lakers? Heat in five or six. 

I think the Heat match up pretty well against the lakers defensively. That zone they have been playing is tough also

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I find it interesting (see: laughable) that many talking heads now have LBJ top 3 instead of as the clear GOAT where they had him several years ago.

I believe the NBE gives him his 4th this season but no more. Miami will be interesting to watch over the next few years. Maybe they snag Oladipo as Harden lite is getting up there in age.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Even before they went down to injury LA had this series...

Any word on the injuries? Dragon looked like it could be an Achilles.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dragic has a torn plantar. Looks like he's done for the finals.

Adebayo has a strained shoulder. I'm thinking he'll play but not be healthy for the series. 

Without those two it's looking like a sweep.