Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, triple said:

As a middle age white guy I fully support them.  We are in a forever-loop of allowing petty politics and instigators to distract us from those issues.  If there had been an ongoing theme of non-white police officers fatally shooting white civilians this would have been addressed long ago. 

So how about the fact that more black cops kill blacks than white cops? This has been the whole problem. People not waiting for facts and details and putting many things into perspective. But that's just me. 

Who are the top 5 candidates for the Pacers job? And does that coach bring in a whole new staff and get away from the O'Brien era?

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

All--

Please remember that this is an IU-centered forum, and that this thread is a basketball thread. 

So far in this thread:

1. All are being completely respectful ... much appreciated
  2. It is only natural that when NBA games are being postponed/cancelled/boycotted, posters will comment
  3. There is significant potential for the thread to turn into broader social commentary

So ... please be cognizant for the potential of our lesser, off-topic instincts to take over ... the mods will not let the thread deteriorate into a political on-line shouting match.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So how about the fact that more black cops kill blacks than white cops? This has been the whole problem. People not waiting for facts and details and putting many things into perspective. But that's just me. 

Who are the top 5 candidates for the Pacers job? And does that coach bring in a whole new staff and get away from the O'Brien era?

12 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Good, and fully support them. BLM is a much bigger issue than figuring out who can put a ball through a hoop best

Bump

1 hour ago, KingPG21 said:

Reasons for #Pacers change of direction despite unlikelihood of winning series:

-Displeased ownership
-Too much iso
-Bad defensive strategy
-Not enough emphasis on relationship building w/players
-4 key players unhappy
-Rejected pleas to adjust offensehttps://t.co/cnf97oBRqC

Um.  Yikes. Can almost guarantee Vic and Myles were 2 of the 4

Brogdon was another one of the 4 "key players". Not too surprised given he went from the Bucks who emphasized ball movement and the right pass to Nate's iso heavy offense

49 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Brogdon was another one of the 4 "key players". Not too surprised given he went from the Bucks who emphasized ball movement and the right pass to Nate's iso heavy offense

He went from good basketball to Nate basketball. I just hope they make the right choice. This is going to be a massive off season. Wrong coaching choice could set this team back another few years. 

1 minute ago, Magnanimous said:

Completely random question on something I have very little knowledge about...but is there a chance that the Simon family will have to sell the Pacers if malls continue to die?

They have a pretty diversified portfolio outside of the typical mall offerings.  So I doubt it. Plus read something about Amazon wanting to use old mall superstores as mini warehouses.  If they do that mall property values may stabilize. 

The Miami Heat are such a well-coached group of overachievers. Very fun team to watch. They share the ball and play help defense so so well.

All true but they have a lot of the “tough until they’re not” in their game that teams like Wiscy and pu have. I’m not quite sure how some of these “great defense” plays aren’t fouls. You can see the obvious contact. There was a really bad stretch the refs just let it go on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

53 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

All true but they have a lot of the “tough until they’re not” in their game that teams like Wiscy and pu have. I’m not quite sure how some of these “great defense” plays aren’t fouls. You can see the obvious contact. There was a really bad stretch the refs just let it go on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I thought the refs called way too many fouls on both teams at the end. Would’ve like to see both teams get a chance to play more, not less.

those two fouls in the last 10 seconds, one against each team, were both no calls at any other point in the game.

Steve Nash will be coaching the Brooklyn Nets. Agreed to a 4 year deal.
Others to get a job without coaching experience
Steve Kerr
Mark Jackson
Doc Rivers
Isiah Thomas
Derek Fisher
Jason Kidd

Yet, Steven A Smith says he only got the job without head coaching experience as a result of white privilege. Interesting list.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app